St. Marks, 2/28

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

eat_mo_crawfish

St. Marks, 2/28

Post by eat_mo_crawfish »

Put the boat in at the lighthouse early Saturday morning. Tide was low, wind was high. Action was slow for a while. Finally found some redfish sitting in a deep hole. Boated 4, all about 25 inches. Also caught some sheepshead in the same spot. All on live shrimp soaking on the bottom.

Then I went and oinked out at Newport. That's a fine Saturday.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Nice catch. :D We talked about going to the lighthouse Sat. am also, but things didn't work out where we could. We went to the fishfry also, and had a great time. Now, we're itch'in to go trout fish'in, if this wind will ever lay. :D
Yours in the South
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Oh My! As it is said these days, "sweet!" :thumbup: What a wonderful day and report. Ahhh wish[ed] I was there, then and now! thanks!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Saturday
Southwest wind 20 knots becoming northwest in the evening. Seas 4 to 6 feet subsiding to 2 to 4 feet in the evening. Protected waters choppy to rough. Slight chance of showers. :cry: :hammer:

The water in the Sopchoppy was 48 degrees Sunday and I suspect that the water in the Ochlockonee aint much warmer :o :-D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

How'd you find that hole, anyway?
eat_mo_crawfish

Post by eat_mo_crawfish »

Just saw that the last post here was a question.

Answer: Dumb luck. I have fished in East River long enough to perfect the blind pig approach.

The picture of the red and some ugly cajun are on Scott's weekly update.