Stolen Tackle

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Stolen Tackle

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Jumptrout51 wrote: That happened to me at Carrabelle 2 years ago. The thieving thieves saw what was going in the boat. I had to fish all day with what was already tied on my rods didn't I Chalk,TinCan,Birddog,etc. etc.
I wish I had been there for that.
Remind us again where the thieves hid their find.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Reel Cowboy wrote:[ I had to fish all day with what was already tied on my rods didn't I Chalk,TinCan,Birddog,etc. etc.
I didn't much matter Ol'Timer.
GULP! free since 1970.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Beware BD. There is a can of whoopass in the mail to you.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Troutinator

Post by Troutinator »

Sorry to hear of the loss, just a quick question though as one who also lives in Killearn Lakes and I too usually put stuff in the boat the night before. were your boxes that you stored your tackle in locked and broken into or was the tackle just in the boat. I have the habit of anything that is outside overnight is locked up, and put the rest in right before leaving. also will keep eyes wide open for any sales, did hear of one midnight madness sale going on in another post.
He who loses control, Loses!
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Jumptrout51 wrote:That happened to me at Carrabelle 2 years ago. The thieving thieves saw what was going in the boat. I had to fish all day with what was already tied on my rods didn't I Chalk,TinCan,Birddog,etc. etc.
This is not a true statement on your part, JT. You had nothing stolen. The only thing that happened was someone (not me) helped you straighten up the mess in your boat. :roll:
What was I supposed to do today?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

tin can wrote:This is not a true statement on your part, JT. You had nothing stolen. The only thing that happened was someone (not me) helped you straighten up the mess in your boat. :roll:
That's the way I heard the story.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Had my tackle box stolen from my boat about 6 weeks ago. It wasn't the box so much as the $500+ worth of tackle that I am having to replace. I am not sure if it was stolen while the boat was at the house at Killearn Lakes or when I stopped for gas the next morning. I too like to have everything ready the night before so I don't have to try and think at Oh-dark-thirty. Thieves are making it tough on lots of us. I would like to find the SOBs that are responsible though...
rockcilla

Post by rockcilla »

Im the guy on Briarcreek, Luckily it was only 2 rod and reels. my wife just cant believe someone would walk in our yard in the middle of the night and take the rods out of the boat. I take part of the blame for making this easy crime of opportunity. My flood light even came on so he could see what he was doing. :hammer: If anyone saw anything suspicious please let the Sherrifs Dept. know. I filed a report ,it just made me feel better for whats its worth.

"A bushel of oysters, the smell of fish frying, and the sound of family and friends laughing"
Geaux Fishin

Post by Geaux Fishin »

I am sorry for the mishap. I too live in Kilearn Lakes and load my SUV on Friday evening to avoid the early Saturday morning packing. I wonder if that is a bad habbit as well, inviting someone to break windows to get to the tackle.
CAPTAIN CHARLIE
Site Sponsor

Post by CAPTAIN CHARLIE »

Here is an idea that might work to get your stuff back. It probably was kids, out late with nothing to do. They will continue to be out late crusing, heading to circle K to play loud music and drink beer. They probably live near by or pass by often.

Park your truck in the street, half up on the curb. Stick an old landing net in a rod holder, and an old rod in the other. Do this on a friday night. Set it up as though you're going fishing, which you will be only you're going after the theives.

Turn your porch or security lights off. Make lots of coffee and sit at the window where you can see the boat. If they come by, they will stop and try to get your stuff again. When you catch them give them the choice of returning your gear, or telling you where it is or you're calling the the law.

You might want to park a half block away in your car. It might take a couple of nights. Let us know how you make out.

Good luck,

Charlie
FLAT BROKE CHARTERS (RETIRED)
VERY AFFORDABLE FLATS FISHING
U.S.C.G. MASTERS LISC. AUX. SAIL
850 893-1050 cell 212-0660