Econfina 03/27

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tod

Econfina 03/27

Post by Tod »

Fished with Algaegator on Saturday. I'm not the best person for learning the ropes from but a fishing partner none the least. We left the boat ramp about 8:00 am and went east just like Chalk told me from my last trip :thumbup: We fished in 3 to 3 1/2 foot of water most of the morning and produced 26 fish before low tide :D . Tide went slack and so did the bite for a while. Picked up some fish during the afternoon and then about 30 minutes before high tide the bite really kicked in. Most of the fish were caught under the C/T with candycorn surecatch jigs and DOA shrimp. Algaegator was dragging a live shrimp and picked up a few fish that way also. Total for the day 45 + trout with 6 keepers. We had more bites than that so we had a good day all around. Met Algaegator for the first time and had a great trip and company. Great day on the water and met a new fishing friend. Doesn't get any better than that.
Tod Browning (AKA Iceman)
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Tod. That was the kind of day I had too. Most of my fish came on the rising tide in the afternoon. Fishing C/T with ele chickin' Some taken on Chart. MirrOlure's.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

See it's so easy :wink: :lol: ..Glad you caught some.. :thumbup:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

wtg, glad you got some.. :thumbup:
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

nice report Tod....east of Econfina is definately my favorite place right now. This fish have been really agressive there the past few times I have been. All of my fish have been caught in 3-5 ft. I have had really good luck using these little grubs made by Love Lures..it's two 1/4 oz. orange jig heads with a green body. They work great in the stained water as well as the clear. The spanish love 'em just as much as the trout :lol: . Glad to hear you had a great day.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Dolphinatic. What cork were you using with the Love's Lures?? If any. How deep are you fishing?
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

no cork.......just retrieved with ocassional jerks. I have fished them from 2-12 ft. with the same success.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

What is the fishing like for the weekend.

Anybody been??????????