Econfina 4-7-04

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Econfina 4-7-04

Post by DixieReb »

Went to Econfina this mornin, didn't get to the ramp til 0930 'cause dummy me didn't set the clock right and overslept. :evil: Anyway, tide was low but we made it out without too much trouble, stopped near the mouth and caught a bunch of pinfish. Water started getting rough by then, stopped at a spot in 5 ft. and got no bites. Then headed to Hickory Mound and found a few 14'' trout, 1 keeper. Moved down a little further where some boats were and got 2 more keepers, 1 cutoff Spanish and a few more shorts. Everything was in 3-3.5 ft. water and mostly on white-firetail grubs. got a few bites on live pins but not a lot. The wind was worse by afternoon, so we headed back about 2:30. 4 keepers and a blue. Must have got 10-12 throwbacks, but still had fun landing them. Our new Capecraft 17 ft. did great out in that rough water, glad I left the Lancer at home. Heard on the radio somebody got a 27'' cobia this afternoon. :-)
Yours in the South
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sounds like a decent day. Ain't that wind fun. :smt013
What was I supposed to do today?
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good report DixieReb. Need to post a picture of your new boat for us. What motor have you got on it?
Semper Fi
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

You left the Lancer at home :smt011 :wink: ..Good job DR :thumbup:
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

[url="http://

This is what the new boat looks like. Wind been blowing to much to use it lately though.www.myfishingpictures.com/?p=17145&c=517&z=1"]Image[/url]
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

I'm sure the Lancer is not too happy :wink: :thumbup:
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Nice rig.. :thumbup: :thumbup: