Radio/Dry box

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RiverRunner

Radio/Dry box

Post by RiverRunner »

Well, some of you saw where I was looking for some carpet in the For sale/wanted section. Chalk pointed me in the right direction and I got some from Pepboys, which was just enough. My new boat doesn't have any dry storage on it at all, one good thing out of that is there is alot of foam in the bench and deck(it won't ever sink :lol: ). I came up with the idea to build a small box and also put a radio in it because I usaully just take the ole DEWALT, but I wanted something more permanent. I only snapped a few pics while building it.

Here it is with 3 coats of Kilz Primer/Sealer.

Carpet....

..and installed

I have since screwed a pedastal in the top of it for a third seat. MY 4 year old son(Carter) loves it. I can't believe how well it sounds. OH yeah. I didn't tell ya about the radio. Last Thurday I stopped by West Marine just to "look" and they had this Dual 200W x 4 Marine stereo on sale for $99 marked down $149 and they told me if I was a member they would give me an additional $20 off. Then they had West Marine speakers 25% off, so I stepped up to the 2 way 6.5's and they sound great!
So all in all, I have just over $200 in it.
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Re: Radio/Dry box

Post by RHTFISH »

Very nice! About the only thing I can keep dry is the inside of an old ice chest....when I'm lucky! :roll:
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Does indeed look very functional and fits in well with the general fashion statement of the interior.... ;-) :D I do hope you used stainless staples to attach the carpet. :thumbup: Good job
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

Yeah, I thought of that. I wanted it to be stapled under the lid, but I didn't quite have enough carpet. Thanks for the compliments. There is also radio cover over it now.
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

use 3m super 77 spray glue and no need for staples...

I like the idea of sealer under the carpet, good thinking there.
850-273-8818
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Dude, that is one slick setup. :smt004 :thumbup:
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

THANKS!
Natureboy

Post by Natureboy »

Whats up Travis. How do you power the radio? Is the battery in the box? Looks good I am ready to hit the river again.
GEAUX TIGERS!
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Dude, Im Diggin them BADCOCK AND MORE barstools!!!! Oh yea, sweet rig also!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

Sorry, have been on vacation sinc the 23rd and haven't been online.

HAHAHA.....The Wifey bought me those BB.

Natureboy, I ran a wire under the floor to one of the two battery's I have in the back of the boat. The 25 Yamaha I have on it now is pull start, so every now and then I just hook a charger up to the battery's and charge them back up.

I'm desperately looking for a 40 HP, short shaft, tiller steer with electric start. But they are few and far between. I stopped and talked to Mike the other day at Mikes Marine and he said people are buying up everything, so they can try and make a buck of BP pulling boom and the clean up efforts. I found a 40 in St. Pete on CL the other day and when I called him, he said someone came all the way from Lousiana to buy it and he hadn't taken the ad down yet.