secret spot(AH)

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

secret spot(AH)

Post by skitterwalk »

my friend and I headed down to the coast to catch the morning bite. (0 mph winds) we put in around 5:45 or there abouts and were enlightened to see the bio lumenessence light up with every move of our kayak! it was a pretty cool greeting. but quickly got to bisnuess. we gave our skitterwalks a whirl in the darkness of the morning in hopes of willing participant which arose within the 1st five minutes. :D

moved down a bit and found another.

the sun finally got up a bit so i could actually see the skitter in action so i moved down the bank to my ole faithful spot in hopes of a red but i missed him 3 times in a row and only ended up with this guy but i will take em

although i did pretty good in the morning. hats off to rob for jumping a TARPON on the skitterwalk!!! he saw him gulp some air right in front of his yak and flung his topwater in front of him about 15 feet. it was two seconds before the monster crushed it and peeled off line. as soon as he set tthe hook pretty good. it shot into the air thrashing his head violently at which point the plug ripped loose :evil:
(i was fishing 200yds away when all of this took place) upon further investigation he realized the screw was actually ripped out of the plug along with the trebble. by the time i finally got over to him i got the whole story and while he was telling what happened it jumped again and again trying to free the hooks still in his mouth. so with all of that taking place he decided to go catch some pins and soak em under a cork with no poons to be found. so i head to the flats and right off the bat i see a red on the back of a ray! i lost them shortly after. then i think humm i winder how rob is doing right now? when i turn around i see him in the middle of a pod of diving birds! and i haul butt over there to get in the action!

the first cats i loose $9 the second cast i loose $5 the third cast i hook up! thank got it wasnt another toothy critter. i was delighted to see a jack come to the surface but no kayak wars points like i thought.

i had everything hit those topwaters! spanish, blues, ladies, jacks u name it. it was there! in all the action rob hooked up with a decent shark on a pin fish.

once the action died we were exhausted and with the sun beating down on us it was geting tempting to head in but one last trout to wrap up one of the most action filled days this year!

Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Re: secret spot(AH)

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

Nice report :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Love it! Nice report! :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Talltails

Post by Talltails »

Secret no more :wink:
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

great report. Got to love those early morning starts. :thumbup:
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Booyah! :smt023
Last edited by Harmsway on August 7th, 2010, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Nice picture of the trout. Looks big enough to eat the passenger! Does that foot go with the person seen? Hum....what a picture!

Great job!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP