Sun n' sand 2-27

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

skitterwalk

Sun n' sand 2-27

Post by skitterwalk »

Most of my excursions have been top secret lately so I haven't been posting but today was an acception. I hit the back end of AH today at Surf and Sand with high hopes of all day topwater action :D Their was a light south breez with just a ripple on the water and I broke out the Skitt for the first time this year. I followed the shoreline tring to cover as much water as I could and after an hour or so my hopes were dwindiling. With only a single strike I turned around and worked the shoreline again this time more thuroughly. I FINALLY located what seemed like a school of reds because I was geting strikes on every cast. Not a single red could seem to find the durn thing until finally! WOOSH! Down goes my skitterwalk and out goes my drag. Once I got a hold of her I knoticed this thing was a FOOTBALL! It had the biggest gut I have see in a long while.Image
She spewed up hundreds of little minnows which was kinda cool to see. She was definetly stuffing her face lately!lol. With the schooled spooked off I keep drifting the same shoreline and eventually got another :D
A bit nicer lookin red and with the same silverish look to em'. I Put down the skitt because of all the pushes and wakes I was geting behind it but they stoped hitting it :evil: So I opted for a subsurface twitchbait and along with it, I started catching trout! Here is one of the better trout.
Fun day in the fog. :mrgreen:
Salt Life
Location: I come from where the river meets the sea Live Oak Island

Re: Sun n' sand 2-27

Post by Salt Life »

nice fish! but why are you eating your FISHING ROD ?
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

WOW! That's all I can say Ben.
Team Jolly Mon
FHC
Site Sponsor

Post by FHC »

good report ben :thumbup: