New to the Forum from down at Sebastian Inlet Area

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

gotafish

New to the Forum from down at Sebastian Inlet Area

Post by gotafish »

Hello to all the forum members from Gotafish down in Sebastian, Florida.
Wevans recommended I join in and maybe some of you find fisherman might offer some help and advice to me about fishing in and around the St Marks area. I will be headed up that way soon and plan on staying a week or so fishing and looking the area over.

Hope to hear some good info.

Thanks in advance
"Fishing is the greatest Therapy there is, Just Ask Me"
2002 Action Craft 1890SE w/ Yamaha Vmax HPDI 200
"Lest We Never Forget Those Who Made the Ultimate Sacrifice to Preserve Our Freedom"
RVN 68-69 70-72
Flats Rascal
Site Sponsor

Post by Flats Rascal »

Welcome, gotafish. :thumbup:

8)
Jesus saves, George Nelson withdraws!
dbplug
Site Sponsor

Post by dbplug »

Welcome gota! How you got hooked up with Wevans I will never know. Sebastion Inlet and Sopchoppy don't exactly roll off the tongue together. Check past St. Marks psts, and stay away from 'death rock'. Enjoy.
for petes sake
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Don't hold it against the poor fella, I just know him from the other forum :-D I would give him some advice, but I fish a little further West "very little" of SM ta be of much help :oops:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

I'm not really qualified to give good instructions on fishing that area but one item of advice would be to go to the links on this website and from there go to Jerry's Bait and Tackle. Jerry's should be the place you stop before hitting the water. The owner (Scott) can give you some good advice about what to try and where to go plus he has charts and tackle and everything you would need.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Welcome to the zoo.... :beer: :beer: ..Check the past inshore reports...I like the Rock Garden and Stoney Bayou, but it has it's hazards.... :thumbup:
gotafish

Post by gotafish »

I appreciate the corgial greetings from you guys on this forum. Since you have mentioned so much bad structure around the area, I am a bit skiddish to say the least. That is the nice part though about being able to communicate through this venue with fisherman in other areas.

Thanks
Gotafish
"Fishing is the greatest Therapy there is, Just Ask Me"
2002 Action Craft 1890SE w/ Yamaha Vmax HPDI 200
"Lest We Never Forget Those Who Made the Ultimate Sacrifice to Preserve Our Freedom"
RVN 68-69 70-72
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Welcome, gotafish :thumbup:
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Welcome Gota. Don't let these guys scare ya off. There ain't no rocks out there on a high tide. They all go away when the water rises. :wink:

I'll echo what others have said. Read previous posts, and chech with Jerry's.
What was I supposed to do today?
gotafish

Post by gotafish »

How much tide do you have up there. If our water changes a foot here sometimes its alot. Never over 1.5 I would not think. I know up in Jax and St Augustine area where I was raised it would change alot.
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

The tide charts on this forum will tell ya -- just check St. Marks for the days you will be here. :thumbup:
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Usually the minimum is around a foot change with the max being around 4 to 5 foot change :-D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”