Econfina 3/26

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Econfina 3/26

Post by ugadawg »

Had plans to get up early and get on the water this morning to catch some fish before the winds picked up. However, we acted like we were in college again on Friday night :beer: :beer: :beer: and ended up waking up after I wanted to be on the water. By the time we had our stuff together and left Moultrie it was nearly noon. Got down to the river was on the water at 2:00.

Was met with a stiff wind when I got out of the river, and bounced down to the hole where we caught some fish a couple weeks ago. Set up a drift and caught a 22'' trout.
110326_fishing_005b.jpg
110326_fishing_005b.jpg (606.49 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
Not very long afterward I noticed it was getting dark offshore and within 10 minutes the rain started. All the boats around us ran in, but since we just got there we decided to ride it out to see if it would blow over. Caught one keeper during the downpour which lasted about 30 minutes. After the rain stopped, the clouds burned off, the sun came out, and it turned out to be a nice day.

Ended up with 11 keepers and piles of shorts. All caught in 4.5 - 3 foot. Was hoping to get a spanish or two but must have stayed too shallow. Looking forward to spring break the week after next.
110326_fishing_001b.jpg
110326_fishing_001b.jpg (836.83 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 3/26

Post by SS-342 »

My daddy always said, "A bad start, a good finish!" Looks like he was right about this trip.

Good report! Thanks

What bait did you catch them on?
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Fishdawg

Post by Fishdawg »

Y'all made a good choice. We headed out of the river shortly after daylight, and we went back to the area we limited out a couple of weeks ago. We fished until noon and only managed a few shorts. Water temp was around 62-64. We figured they would bite after lunch with the incoming tide, but we had some stuff to do back home. Good job, glad somebody found'em.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

SS-342 wrote:My daddy always said, "A bad start, a good finish!" Looks like he was right about this trip.

Good report! Thanks

What bait did you catch them on?

Gulp under a CT.
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

I fished in that area earlier in the day and had basically the same catch (minus the 22 incher). Good job.