Any Port St. Joe reports?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FlatCrazy

Any Port St. Joe reports?

Post by FlatCrazy »

I was thinking of running over to PSJ this weekend to look for some trout and reds. Anyone fished PSJ bay recently that can give a report? We usually fish around blacks island, but this is a little earlier than we normally fish and I'm not sure if that is where I should be fishing.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Re: Any Port St. Joe reports?

Post by ugadawg »

Caught a few trout and a flounder around Blacks Island last week. Had better luck with the Pompano on the beach.
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

I caught one dink trout around blacks a week and a half ago. It should be lighting up soon though, if not already. Water temps were 67 around blacks when we were there. Saw about a 10 ft bull shark on a sandbar. :o
smeseroll
Site Sponsor

Post by smeseroll »

I was out there about 2 weeks ago. Kind of a slow day, Caught 3 keeper trout, several small trout, 4 spanish, no reds.
FlatCrazy

Post by FlatCrazy »

We fished it on Sunday. Really strong wind out of the north on Sunday morning, then laid down around 10 a.m. We did pretty well on trout. Had a nice two person limit around noon. Biggest was 25", nice avg of around 18". Probably threw back 3 limits of nice fish. The jacks were running the channels chasing mullet. Had one nice bull shark swim within 20 yards of my yak. I would guess he was 7'. No reds...but we really were not fishing for them once we located the trout.
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

Great report. Thanks. Heading down the weekend after Easter.