Whatcha think about him now :-)

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Whatcha think about him now :-)

Post by wevans »

NEW THIS MORNING: Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure
Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Tuesday signed legislation requiring adults applying for welfare assistance to undergo drug screening
:thumbup: :thumbup: :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
bull68dawg

Re: Whatcha think about him now :-)

Post by bull68dawg »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Thats the first thing he's done that I agree with.
"How do you like them apples"

UGA Grad 04 GO DAWGS!
JTR

Post by JTR »

I think he is doing a good job.

There are a lot of people who would disagree (mainly from the job cuts) but anytime you have to cut over 3 billion in spending you are inevitably going to make a lot of people very mad.

For 12 cents per month, I think we are getting our monies worth. :smt023
The roar of the engine, the morning air blowing on your face, the darkness is broken as the sun rises above the water revealing the silhouette of a lone bird in the water..........in front of the boat........standing.
mraquatics

Post by mraquatics »

"Those who fail the required drug testing may designate another individual to receive the benefits on behalf of their children." - We still pay even if they are positive, just to someone else - most likely a family member. That money will end up where it would have regardless.
Michael K
"What does a fish know about the water in which it swims its whole life?"
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

It's a start :thumbup: My wife is a state worker and don't much care for him :smt012 and she don't like it when I tell her that The government HAS to stop spending what they don't have and that means cut-backs!! The one point we do agree on though, is that the cuts should start with the overload of administrators that the government has and not with the actual workers "which they tend to do things just the oppisite" :roll: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

YOU YAHOO'S DOWN IN FLA. YA GOT SOMEONE THAT KNOWS HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS AND A STATE, HE WILL END UP BEING ONE OF THE BEST GOV. FLA . HAS EVER HAD. HE IS WEEDING OUT THE PLUM JOBS IN STATE GOV., THE ONES THAT ARE LEFT WILL CONTINUE TO GET THE JOB DONE WITH 12,000 LESS EMPLOYEES. HE WILL PROBABLY DO THE SAME THING WITH THE SCHOOL SYSTEM, WIPE OUT THE (FLA. TEACHERS ASSOC.) AND PAY TEACHERS BASED ON THEIR SUCCESS IN TEACHING KIDS, NOT JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE HAD A PLUM JOB FOR 40 YRS. AND HAVE SENIORITY. MY WIFE TAUGHT SCHOOL BACK IN THE EARLY FIFTIES, SHE HAD 36 STUDENTS AND SHE WAS ABLE TO TEACH ALL OF THEM, MAINLY BECAUSE THOSE KIDS HAD BEEN TAUGHT AT HOME TO RESPECT THEMSELFS, THEIR PARENTS AND ANYONE IN AUTHORITY. MY OLDEST DAUGHTER WAS ASSIST. SUPT. OF BYLINGUAL LANGUAGES IN P.B.COUNTY UNTILL HER RETIREMENT LAST YEAR, SHE DID NOT PUT UP WITH ANY FOOLISHNESS FROM ANY OF THE KIDS OR TEACHERS. THE LAST YEAR SHE WAS IN CHARGE THE BYLINGUAL THE GRADE POINT AVERAGE OF ALL STUDENTS IN HER PROGRAM WAS 6.78, WHEN SHE STARTED THIS PROGRAM 20 YRS AGO THE GRADE POINT AVERAGE IN THE PROGRAM WAS 1.78. THESE KIDS TODAY MUST BE TAUGHT THAT THEY MUST DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD TO DO BY THEIR PARENTS, AND TEACHERS, NOT BY SOME SNOTTY NOSE DRUG DEALER, GET THE PICTURE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
ferris1248
Site Sponsor

Post by ferris1248 »

Now they need to cut the dollar value of welfare in half and go back to commodity foodstuffs..........greens, cheese, bread, beans, salt pork, flour and cornmeal.

Revive the WPA and the CCC.
mastercaster

Post by mastercaster »

Futchcairo , fix your keyboard, or do you just yell all the time?

As for Scott, drug testing welfare recipients isn't that bad of an idea, but I can't help thinking it's for the wrong reason with this guy. There is a huge conflict of intrest with his family and the drug testing clinics Solantic. I still hold to my opinion this guy is a scum bag criminal...
wishfishin

Post by wishfishin »

ferris1248 wrote:Now they need to cut the dollar value of welfare in half and go back to commodity foodstuffs..........greens, cheese, bread, beans, salt pork, flour and cornmeal.

Revive the WPA and the CCC.
BANG! :thumbup:
You should see the other guy...
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Mastercaster, PA is 90+ years old and has typed with all caps for the last 10 years "that I know of" :o HE'S HARD OF HEARIN, SO HE HAS TA YELL :smt005 :smt004 :beer:
micci_man

Post by micci_man »

mastercaster wrote:Futchcairo , fix your keyboard, or do you just yell all the time?

As for Scott, drug testing welfare recipients isn't that bad of an idea, but I can't help thinking it's for the wrong reason with this guy. There is a huge conflict of intrest with his family and the drug testing clinics Solantic. I still hold to my opinion this guy is a scum bag criminal...

I agree, he smells fishy for sure.
Don't major in the minor stuff in life
mraquatics

Post by mraquatics »

Seems like Unemployment would be a good, if not better, realm for drug testing.

I don't know what a 6.78 GPA is as FSU's topped out at 4.0 (A+), but I want one.
Michael K
"What does a fish know about the water in which it swims its whole life?"
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Hey Master, you better get in line. If Futch wants to yell, he gets to yell. And who cares what the Gov. motives are, it's a good thing. He's going to push for random drug testing of state workers too :thumbup: If you are working for the gov. with public funds representing the citizens of the state you should be held to a higher standard. My personal opinion is they should test for prescription drug abuse as well. White collar drug addicts are just as bad as the crackheads/tweakers
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
ferris1248
Site Sponsor

Post by ferris1248 »

wevans wrote:Mastercaster, PA is 90+ years old and has typed with all caps for the last 10 years "that I know of" :o HE'S HARD OF HEARIN, SO HE HAS TA YELL :smt005 :smt004 :beer:
A FEW YEARS BACK, PA TOLD ME HE WASN'T YELLING. HE JUST COULDN'T SEE AS WELL AS HE USED TO AND THE CAPS HELPED. I KIND OF CHUCKLED THEN BUT NOW I'M GETTING CLOSE TO THE MID 60 MARK AND I'M THINKING ABOUT DOING SOME 'YELLING' MYSELF. :)
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

By Florida Statute, a conflict of interest does not legally exist. Scott had owned $62 million of shares in Solantic, a statewide walk-in clinic he co-founded that administers drug tests. But he signed over that controlling stock to the Frances Annette Scott Revocable Trust a few days before taking office. Although Frances is his wife, Florida law says Scott is no longer connected enough to be litigated, should Solantic profit from the new law.

Similarly, although Scott vigorously touts bills that would move 3 million Medicaid patients into privately managed plans - thus making them more available to Solantic as a revenue source - he is technically no longer affiliated with Solantic, due to moving that $62 million to his wife's name. A candidate with less savvy corporate lawyers might have sold the shares outright to erase the conflict of interest. But with the way legislation on health care is headed, it's understandable that nobody holding Solantic stock wants to dump it right now.