Shark!!!

For all the land lubbers, the place for land, pier and surf fishing info.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salt Life
Location: I come from where the river meets the sea Live Oak Island

Re: Shark!!!

Post by Salt Life »

very nice. reminds me of my youger daze fishing for sharks in the middle of the night out on stiltsville . 300 lb lemons were the fish . Two or three a night . would sleep on the roof of the house and when a big one would hit one of the two of us me and ( Gary Spence ) would climb into a 14 ft jon boat with out 6 0 rig and have that monster pull us around biscane bay for hours . Now I am 47 and shake my head at this as I am writing this. Talk about no fear . Shit I cant go scalloping b-cause I am to scared . WOW I am a puss . now HA !

Thats what living is to me ....................
JB.
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Re: Shark!!!

Post by ugadawg »

Bagataway wrote:Wow! How'd you manage to land it? How long was the fight? How did you manage to release it? Did you walk it out? Did it swim straight away? Maybe dragging it into the sand would be OK...but the release would FREAK me out!

Fought it for about 45 mins to an hour until it was about knee deep water and then walked out, grabbed it by the tail, and a pulled it on to shore. To release it, I basically did that backwards; grabbed it by the tail, walked it out to knee deep water, gave it a push and hoped that it would swim off, which it thankfully did.