Econfina 6/12/04 Good Day - HOT!!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

leonreno

Econfina 6/12/04 Good Day - HOT!!

Post by leonreno »

Me and my father-in-law got to the ramp/marina about 7:30 and headout about 8:00. Slow at first with one short trout in the first hour, about 4-5 feet. Went deeper in the 5-6 foot depths and did better. When ever we could find lots of grass we usually would catch at least one or two trout from that spot. Most of the fish we caught were caught from about 10:00 - 2:00, and it was hot. We had 7 keepers by about 2:00 including the biggest trout I have caught, a 26 incher!! plus another almost 20 inches. Also caught tons of black bass, two small sharks, and two bluefish. After 2:00 we headed to the deeper water about 7-8 feet and limited out with three more keeper trout, one keeper spanish mac and a ton of ladyfish. In the deep water there isn't as much grass but when you find a good dense patch their was usually a trout in it. We probalby released 12-15 short trout all day. Had a great day but had to keep drinking water and gatorade to stay hydrated and keep applying the sunblock.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Good job of hanging with it in the heat......Nice report and welcome to the board..... :thumbup:
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

congrats on the 26. It was hot yesterday..looks like summer is here and 99 today.

welcome to the forum.
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Thanks for the report! Enjoyed it, and always do when it's about goin' out those rivers over there.
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

wtg on the big un.. :thumbup: Hot today on the water for sure.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Good fishing leonreno. Ya'll had to go to deep water too I see. Over at Keaton, we were told at the marina no one was catching. We figured out why. We had the ten foot depth all to ourselves Sunday. Everyone else seemed to be stuck in the five to seven feet. The attendent at the ramp said we had the only limit of Trout he'd seen all day. :thumbup:
Semper Fi
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Yeah, I think deeper is where its at. The tide was incoming til about 11:30 and then outgoing some after about 1:00. We did catch some in the 5 -7 foot range, including the big one. However, we really didn't try the deep water (7-9) until after 2:00 so they probably were there early too. This my second trip to Econfina (my father-in-laws third), and our most successful. Its really nice place to go, doesn't seem to crowded and the trout seem to be bigger than Keaton area, maybe less pressure? Oh and thanks all for the welcomes, appreciated. Also most of the fish came on grubs/jigs on the bottom, no CT or cork.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

leonreno wrote:Its really nice place to go, doesn't seem to crowded and the trout seem to be bigger than Keaton area, maybe less pressure?
:smt043 ....Keep going LR, if the word get out they are biting you can count a couple hundred boats out there sometimes..... :thumbup: