Gulp Bait

For all the land lubbers, the place for land, pier and surf fishing info.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dondford

Gulp Bait

Post by dondford »

Have any of your guys had any luck with Gulp Shrimp or Gulp Sand Fleas in the surf around St Joe S.P. ?
Best tackle shop in the area.

D
mpa_72001

Re: Gulp Bait

Post by mpa_72001 »

bluewater outriggers or half hitch tackle in port st. joe .bluewater should be able to help you out on what you might need and info on where they might be biting.they both have all the tackle you will need while you are there.
Scott7138
Site Sponsor

Post by Scott7138 »

Last year I tried my hand at surf fishing for the first time there in the state park. I used exclusively "fish bites" in the pink color with good success. Simple to use and last a long time. Just carry a pair of scissors to cut them in chunks. Nice not to fool with frozen or live bait. Seem to get less trash fish with them
"Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life" - Dean Wormer - Animal House
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I just saw this. If you haven't gone already my friends own the Cape Trading Post on the Gulf side of the road about a mile towards the park from the BP. They have frozen bait and a good line of fishing lures and equipment. They have a full line of groceries, beverages, made to order pizzas, and even hardware and parts for your RV or camping. John and Todd both fish as often as they can and keep up with what the locals and campers are catching. John said a guy a couple of weeks ago caught a pomp over 4 pounds.