Shell Point 3/17/12

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishfalcon

Shell Point 3/17/12

Post by fishfalcon »

My son and I fished around Shell Point on Saturday afternoon on the falling tide with some friends. It was a bit breezy, but otherwise a beautiful day. We drifted the grass flats from 2 to 6 feet deep using gulp and soft plastics. Unlike most of you guys, we found the trout to be few and far between with the bites being more timid than we were used to. Found a few pinfish on the flats, but not too many. Still we ended up with 5 shorts and 4 keepers between 17-18". Special thanks to my net man who thought my 20"+ ought to grow up so he hit him on the head rather than scooping him up :evil: We also caught two sharks, a blue, a sand trout, and a puffer that the kids got a kick out of holding. Water temp was mid 60s so things should be perfect for Spring Break in 2 weeks.
leonreno

Re: Shell Point 3/17/12

Post by leonreno »

I fish Keaton and found the same thing you did too. They were few an far between and most hits were light. Many times fishing a gulp on a jig I would feel something then think nothing was on the line and start reeling to recast and then feel some weight and eventually realize there was a fish on.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Shell Point 3/17/12

Post by DixieReb »

Sounds like a good time with the kids, and yall caught something. It don't get much better than that.
Yours in the South