Word of mouth...thanks

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BrogensDuck

Word of mouth...thanks

Post by BrogensDuck »

In my business, word of mouth referrals are very important and meaningful.

Earlier this week, literally as we were admitting our 2 yr old daughter to the hospital for a nasty case of MRSA (guess there arent any that are not nasty), our A/C went kaput. Not having had this problem before, I reached out to you guys (BBF.net) for advice. You all responded.

Apparently, the guy who owns all the fishing holes around here is also an incredibly nice and helpful expert with all things appliance and got my A/C back in working order with little fanfare. Mr Jumptrout51 is the kind of man you dont always run into when you need something like I did, but the kind you appreciate greatly when you do.

Thanks to him, my daughter will come home from the hospital tonight to a cool 74 degree home.

Anything appliance...call him, PM him, do whatever you need. He is the man.

He can have those fishing holes (at least for a little while).
big bend gyrene

Re: Word of mouth...thanks

Post by big bend gyrene »

Rarely serious on here and sure do my share giving JT51 grief, but a BIG ditto on the accolades! Helped me (and bet a slew of others on here) when appliance related $#!% has hit the fan. :thumbup: :smt045 salute1
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Don't want to get that head too big, but he saved the day for me also. AC went bad at my office during last summers hottest days. Needless to say clients don't like waiting in a hot lobby. The ac people we used to use, couldnt get out for a few days. I pm'd Mr Steve and he was there by 9 the next morning. He climbed in that hot roof for what seemed like hours. He got me going until a replacement could be delivered. I'll certainly call him first from now on.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Ps BD, hope your little girl recovers well.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

He helped guide me through a refrigerator repair. It is a savvy guy who can troubleshoot and repair an appliance via e-mail.
That reminds me, I owe him one. :thumbup:
I hope your daughter recovers well and rapidly from the MRSA. Almost lost a friend to it a year ago.
BrogensDuck

Post by BrogensDuck »

thanks, guys. We are all home and doing well. She is pretty darned resilient...having a nicely cooled house helps!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Yep, if you can get past his old wrinkled skin and his looks, he is a pretty good old feller.....

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Rock on JT! salute3
The Back Porch
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Gotta give credit where credit is due. JT51 has always got me back going after after one of our appliances let us down. I'll continue to call him when needed.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Here's another plug for the resident curmudgeon. He's helped me out with a washer and dishwasher. He's come through for my mom a couple of times. If there's anything needing repair that's remotely appliance-related, JT is getting my business and highest recommendation.

Just don't stand too close to him on the boat when he's casting and you'll be fine. Oh, and be ready for some bumper boat action with rocks and petrified crab traps. And one more thing--he catches the heck out of catfish with his bait of choice, so be prepared to get barbed sometimes. :lol:

Other than that, he's a gentleman, scholar and one of the nicest Democrats I know.

Seriously, glad your daughter is doing better, BDuck.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Democrat...Hmmm! You must not have befriended him on Facebook or there would be no doubt about his political preferences.

He also fixes ice machines and a/c units in campers.

A couple of years ago at the NFGFC end of year awards, we presented him with a deed granting him rights to the entire Gulf of Mexico since he already claimed it as his own.

-Steve Stinson
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Yeah, I owe him, too. :smt100
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Thanks guys
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Bravo Steve :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Thanks to you too Mike.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?