Florida keys

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

reeltherapy

Florida keys

Post by reeltherapy »

We are headed down to the keys in a little over a week for vacation. im not taking my boat but i would like to do a little fishing wile im there does anyone have any recamindations for guides there?
DAWG FAN

Re: Florida keys

Post by DAWG FAN »

If you want to catch a boat load of inshore fish call Capt. Chris Jones. 305-304-5618. He fishes out of a Hells Bay. Last year when we down there we fished with him. We had a couple of shots at tarpon that would not eat and caught a boat load of red fish.
2012 Sea Fox 200XT-SOLD
2003 16' Sundance Skiff
2013 40 HP Mercury Bigfoot
2017 Sea Fox XTS Viper
2017 150hp Yamaha SHO
CaptReelThyme

Post by CaptReelThyme »

John Johansen out of Bud n Mary's in Islamorada. Had small window of time to go because of weather, but put us on some back country tarpon. He is very personable and knowledgeable, learned alot from him and is family friendly. He got my vote.
CaptRT
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

If you are going to make your way all the way down to Key West then I highly recommend Triple Time Charter's. Capt. Joe Mercurio has a 46' Bertram and really knows his stuff.
My wife and I went down last Summer and asked to catch three things: Bunch of Mahi, Sailfish and I wanted Nina to hook a monster Amberjack.

We ended up with 16 nice Mahi, we each caught a Sail and she landed a 75lb AJ. Need I say more. :thumbup: :thumbup:

www.fishtripletime.com
reeltherapy

Post by reeltherapy »

captkeyser wrote:If you are going to make your way all the way down to Key West then I highly recommend Triple Time Charter's. Capt. Joe Mercurio has a 46' Bertram and really knows his stuff.
My wife and I went down last Summer and asked to catch three things: Bunch of Mahi, Sailfish and I wanted Nina to hook a monster Amberjack.

We ended up with 16 nice Mahi, we each caught a Sail and she landed a 75lb AJ. Need I say more. :thumbup: :thumbup:

www.fishtripletime.com
Sounds like a great trip thanks i will look him up.
Bonecracker

Post by Bonecracker »

Where are you going in the Keys?? Very important!! Been going for 17 years and got a few buddies down there who could help! We are headed down the first week in June, as we rented a house on Cudjoe Key! If you are fishing with the family I would recommend taking them snapper fishing with one of the charter captains and this is a HALF DAY trip! Alot of action and everyone catches fish to bring home!! Personally I love the backcounty and thats where I like to hangout! More species of fish to catch than I care to talk about but knowing where, when, and how is very where it's at. Alot of choices to make and I would be glad to help ya!! Good luck!
2012 Maverick 18-HPX / Yama 115 4 stroke
2006 28 Whitewater/ twin VMAX HPDI 200HP
reeltherapy

Post by reeltherapy »

Bonecracker wrote:Where are you going in the Keys?? Very important!! Been going for 17 years and got a few buddies down there who could help! We are headed down the first week in June, as we rented a house on Cudjoe Key! If you are fishing with the family I would recommend taking them snapper fishing with one of the charter captains and this is a HALF DAY trip! Alot of action and everyone catches fish to bring home!! Personally I love the backcounty and thats where I like to hangout! More species of fish to catch than I care to talk about but knowing where, when, and how is very where it's at. Alot of choices to make and I would be glad to help ya!! Good luck!
We will be at marathon key. i have a offshore boat and fish a bunch here would like to catch something different