Spring Break Fishing!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Spring Break Fishing!

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

Back in KY now, but made the trip down to Panama City Beach for Spring Break with the kids last week. I had been talking with Bill Laminack and we formulated a plan for Saturday. We headed East to try and find some clean water and do some sight fishing. Launched early and this “freeloader” followed us around for an hour or so.

Bill caught some nice Trout on topwater and I picked up a couple on the Badonk-A-Donk topwater plug.

As the sun was coming up we moved and eased down the shoreline looking for tailing and feeding fish. We bumped a few Reds, but no takers. Bill & I switched up to the MirrOdine and found some nice Trout. Here’s one of Bill’s nice fish.

The wind picked up and we called it a day. Good morning on the water.

I got a chance to get on the water Wednesday and fished East Bay. With cloudy conditions and the wind out of the East, I wasn’t sure what the day would hold. The topwater Trout bite was solid all morning and they loved the Spook Jr. in the Bone color.

These guys were coming out of the water hitting the Spook! Talk about a fun bite!

Eased down the flat and found plenty of bait and fish under those bait pods feeding! I would Power Pole down every 100 yards or so and work an area.
I missed a solid blowup and was pretty upset about it, but was rewarded a little later with a nice little Red.

After that Red I spotted lightening and checked the radar on my phone. It was time to go, so I had to leave a good bite, but better safe than sorry! Always a great time in Panama City Beach and can’t wait to do it again! Now it's time for some Thunder Chicken hunting and Hillbilly Bones on the fly!!! :-D
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
kenfly

Re: Spring Break Fishing!

Post by kenfly »

Nice report!! Solid fish
FHC
Site Sponsor

Post by FHC »

you leave your fly rod in ky. :D
KyTrkyHntr
Site Sponsor

Post by KyTrkyHntr »

FHC wrote:you leave your fly rod in ky. :D

:lol: Had it with me, but the wind followed me down :evil:

Time for some Carp'n now! :thumbup:
Catch & Release Fish!!!!....... Not Criminals!

Image Image
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

KyTrkyHntr wrote:
FHC wrote:you leave your fly rod in ky. :D

:lol: Had it with me, but the wind followed me down :evil:

Time for some Carp'n now! :thumbup:
I KNOW the feeling! Good report!! :beer: :beer:
If there's not a life after fishing, I don't want to live it.....