guide review and inshore advice

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Eroc33

guide review and inshore advice

Post by Eroc33 »

This is my first post here I'm looking for advice not honey holes.
I'm wanting to go to the forgotten coast fishing I have been to appalachicola in the past but I'm wanting to go somewhere different. I'm thinking of inshore fishing out of my boat (j16 w/25hp) for a couple of days and then go out with a guide for a 1/2 day the type of fishing my buddy wants to do seems to be what natural world charters in carrabelle offers based on the pictures on his website. So if we go to carrabelle is the best place to stay the moorings and would we better off to trailer the boat to Lanark or leave it in the water at the moorings and fish carrabelle. Also does anybody have reviews of http://naturalworldcharters.com/ or know of anybody else that does similar fishing near st marks (where I would rather go). Thanks in advance for any help
mpa_72001

Re: guide review and inshore advice

Post by mpa_72001 »

check with carson at the lanark market store he should be able to help you out with everything you want to know and advice.
culrich
Site Sponsor

Post by culrich »

My advise would be, stay at the Franklin Inn in carrabelle, keep your boat at Lanark market. You can rent an overnight slip for $10 a night, 24 hour security cameras are on. Fish Lanark and carrabelle for the first 2 days with your boat then fish with Cody Cash, http://myfishingadventure.com/, he can take you inshore or off, whatever you are looking for. Call the store if you need more info. :thumbup:
NO FLUKE!!!

LANARK MARKET!!!!
Eroc33

Post by Eroc33 »

Thanks I did not know about the franklin inn.
slayer

Post by slayer »

Keaton Beach & One More Cast guide
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

culrich wrote:My advise would be, stay at the Franklin Inn in carrabelle, keep your boat at Lanark market. You can rent an overnight slip for $10 a night, 24 hour security cameras are on. Fish Lanark and carrabelle for the first 2 days with your boat then fish with Cody Cash, http://myfishingadventure.com/, he can take you inshore or off, whatever you are looking for. Call the store if you need more info. :thumbup:
I agree. Good advice here.
Eroc33

Post by Eroc33 »

slayer wrote:Keaton Beach & One More Cast guide
I've thought about Keaton but its 20 miles to a seafood resturant. Unless I'm missing something
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

We took our catch to the hot dog stand at Keaton - they will fry it and you get 2 sides- $8 a person. Was great.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

If u wanna get a guide for the Keaton area I would try junior dice you will have a blast with him and catch plenty. there are a couple seafood restaurants in perry Roy deals and revels also toys in steinhatchee.
Eroc33

Post by Eroc33 »

Redfin wrote:We took our catch to the hot dog stand at Keaton - they will fry it and you get 2 sides- $8 a person. Was great.
the name hot dog stand it's kind of deceiving, that changes things though. do they serve breakfast also?
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

Don't think they do breakfast - the name has been that for many years so they kept it I reckon- you can get some breakfast at Katie's Store- about a 10 minute ride-
jzimmer

Post by jzimmer »

might want to call hot dog stand to see what their hours are . I know some nites they close at 7
Eroc33

Post by Eroc33 »

Does anyone know Jr drives number I can't find it
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

If you go the guide route, use him on the first day. Then use what you learn from the guide to do your own fishing the next few days. I fish out of lanark, it's closer to better fishing grounds than carrabelle, plus it's a long no wake zone out if the river from the moorings.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

eroc u have a pm with a phone number for jr. if u wanna call him.