Insurance

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DEMON
Site Sponsor

Re: Insurance

Post by DEMON »

I use BoatUS. Probably pay a little more but I have a "stated value policy" so I can replace my boat new without the depreciation if it is totaled or stolen. I also have on water towing and trailering with them to round out the package.
Badbagger

Post by Badbagger »

Thanks, just filled out an online quote request.
HewesMan

Post by HewesMan »

I just switched mine from the Big P to Charter Lakes. They beat my P yearly amount enough for me to make the switch. From what everyone else that has this insurance they are very good to work with and they specialize in boat insurance.

Also...I upped my liability insurance from 100,000 to 300,000 at the advise of others and still saved a considerable amount of money over Prog. Plus my deductibles are $250...I think with Prog. they were $500.
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

Smart move to increase your liability limits to $300,000. In general, insurance companies charge very little to max out the liability on boat, auto and home policies. I would recommend everyone do that as it is the only true exposure where you have no fall back.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Farm Bureau handled my claim of a lower unit loss very well. I called my agent and the mechanic and adjuster handled the rest. Excellent service.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?