Here's how I power load my boat. Not legal in some places.

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

willcfish

Here's how I power load my boat. Not legal in some places.

Post by willcfish »

Boat loading made easy for me so I don't have to get out. Not legal in some areas so check you regs.
Not saying this is the safest way but it keeps me out from between the truck and trailer and the dock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT4m8d2E_7c
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: Here's how I power load my boat. Not legal in some place

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Sorry, but that is not only plain dumb, but also very dangerous!

Proper placement of the trailer and loading can be easily done without that motor running for so long at the ramp base, causing a huge washout just below the concrete!

One reason I do not care for roller trailers....

That is all I got to say about that!

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

WOW.... :smt011 :stupid_1
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

RiverRunner wrote:WOW.... :smt011 :stupid_1
Ha!! Travis, is that how you load the airboats? ;-)
Team Jolly Mon
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Mr. WillCFish... I'm all for the spread of knowledge and the creation of discussion, but If you need to powerload your boat, pay closer attention to tides or have a lift drop you in. FFS.

I wish you the best of luck in your continued and future endeavors, and continued success for your daughters book. :beer: :beer:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
bman

Post by bman »

I agree that its dangerous to leave the engine running like that.
If it got away from you it could damage the hull, your truck and YOU!

I get the boat on the trailer as good as I can and then it usually winches up fine after we get on a flat surface.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

I power load the pontoon most of the time but over 1/2 of it just momentum from the approach. The last couple of feet I power up a bit. Once I am on I kill the engine because it's not going anywhere. I have to admit it's one of the easiest boats I have had to load and unload. Put it this way I loaded it at shell point blue dolphin drive ramp at low tide in about two minutes. The ez loader trailer and large pontoons are great. :thumbup:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

There's and easier way to powerload without ramp damage. I also power load my bay boat but at a low speed without washing out the ramp. I can load mine with little more than idle speed using the Boat Buddy devise. It replaces the bow roller and is spring loaded and when you bump it with the bow eye it sends a steel pin thru the bow eye and captures your boat. You can stay at the helm and as soon as you hear the "click" of the pin you can shut down your motor and walk up and secure the safety chain and your driver can pull you up the ramp. You also never leave the boat.

Been using this devise for years and it holds up well even when I bang it too hard.

http://www.etrailer.com/Boat-Trailer-Pa ... /KBB2.html
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

robbankston wrote:I power load the pontoon most of the time but over 1/2 of it just momentum from the approach. The last couple of feet I power up a bit. Once I am on I kill the engine because it's not going anywhere. I have to admit it's one of the easiest boats I have had to load and unload. Put it this way I loaded it at shell point blue dolphin drive ramp at low tide in about two minutes. The ez loader trailer and large pontoons are great. :thumbup:

Exactly!

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

When you get up and walk up to the bow you shift the center of gravity of the boat from side to side. If you were off a little and only caught the edge of the roller you are likely to have your boat break free and that high revving engine cause you to ride up the post and into the back of your vehicle.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Rhettley wrote:When you get up and walk up to the bow you shift the center of gravity of the boat from side to side. If you were off a little and only caught the edge of the roller you are likely to have your boat break free and that high revving engine cause you to ride up the post and into the back of your vehicle.
All he needs is a beer in his hand, a half cocked hat and be yelling ... "hey y'all watch this @#$" to make it complete! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
reelhandy
Site Sponsor

Post by reelhandy »

My trailer has rollers. If I don't leave the motor in gear and running just above idle the boat rolls back off the trailer. I've never thought of it as dangerous. I don't know why the guy in the video has to rev the engine like he does. It's a bunk trailer.
fireant21
Site Sponsor

Post by fireant21 »

MudDucker wrote:All he needs is a beer in his hand, a half cocked hat and be yelling ... "hey y'all watch this @#$" to make it complete! :smt005

Ain't that the truth! :lol:
manley
Site Sponsor

Post by manley »

Wow... just wow.
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

I had to look to see where Iowa is.. they must conjure these things up over the long winters...

gTBEeHDU7TJuOoJtqkq53AJG_BiokqiQK3nuikNHgKmpXMnmqmksVh5kpI1WrloT39L1Iu5g59mCAdq5c-MZ00YPHcSWqP6_QMM_VVlJR9YCQhjfARm4SgoZAw_zW5akwmfErvBddGnx4oMYByhA9nUI9eqpk.gif
gTBEeHDU7TJuOoJtqkq53AJG_BiokqiQK3nuikNHgKmpXMnmqmksVh5kpI1WrloT39L1Iu5g59mCAdq5c-MZ00YPHcSWqP6_QMM_VVlJR9YCQhjfARm4SgoZAw_zW5akwmfErvBddGnx4oMYByhA9nUI9eqpk.gif (33.42 KiB) Viewed 2092 times
[/color]
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck