A Farewell to My Son Travis

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Re: A Farewell to My Son Travis

Post by mjsigns »

I waited with him till the shuttle came to pick up the new recruits. I gave him a final hand shake and hug and told him I loved him. They pulled out at 10:45. (ok.. my eyes were leaking) :smt022 What a morning.

Thanks - robbankston, JIm Smith, Wevans, lizbeth (Pirate Girl), micci_man
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

lizbeth wrote:Good Luck to Travis, May God watch over him as he embarks on this adventure we call life. Being a mother with both of my boys Brandon & Cameron serving in the U.S. Army, I know you are very proud. salute3 salute3
Picture 026.jpg

Lizbeth: I know you are proud having raised two boys as big as they are. Looks like either one would be an Army in themselves! We thank you and them for their service. Ya'll make us all proud!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY ELISBETH, THOSE LOOK LIKE SOME OF MY BOYS, I HOPE THEY STAY OUT OF TROUBLE, I KNOW THEY WILL GO A GREAT JOB. JUST REMEMBER WHAT GEN. CLARK SAID BACK IN WW11, DON'T TAKE ANY PRISONERS, WE CAN'T AFFORD TO FEED THEM.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenjsbetterhalf »

Well said all! Ditto from the Johnsons. God speed. salute3
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

salute3

Travis, thank you for your service to our country. Prayers from the Vickers family.
What was I supposed to do today?
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Prayers lifted for years of safe service and for some great friendships made along the way! :thumbup: :beer: salute1
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

Thank you Travis for your service to our country. It's young men and women like yourself that we depend on to keep us safe and our country strong.
Prayers for you and your family.