HOT August sale South GA Outdoors

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bbb

Re: HOT August sale South GA Outdoors

Post by bbb »

Rhettley wrote: I checked the prices of the stuff listed after the guns and most all of it is regular Walmart or Bass Pro Shop price.
Rhettley wrote: I didn't say anything about the Rockhouse blind as it was a decent sale price. As for any other prices I said I didn't check them

Actually you said "I checked the prices of the stuff listed after the guns and most all of it is regular Walmart or Bass Pro Shop price." :wink:
LuckySOB
Site Sponsor

Post by LuckySOB »

Good job on the prices and AVAILABILITY of the bricks of ammo.
No matter what, it's a good day.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

bbb wrote:
Rhettley wrote: I checked the prices of the stuff listed after the guns and most all of it is regular Walmart or Bass Pro Shop price.
Rhettley wrote: I didn't say anything about the Rockhouse blind as it was a decent sale price. As for any other prices I said I didn't check them

Actually you said "I checked the prices of the stuff listed after the guns and most all of it is regular Walmart or Bass Pro Shop price." :wink:
"most all" meaning most of but not all. Or almost all if you prefer. I'm not good at math so I didn't break it out by percentages. ;-)
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Dang it.

Heath just sold me a shotgun saturday and now I have to go back to get some .22s
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Rhettley wrote:I just saw on FaceBook that the .22 LR will be $60 a brick. I checked the prices of the stuff listed after the guns and most all of it is regular Walmart or Bass Pro Shop price. I'm a bit disappointed in the local guys pushing these as big sale items.
Seriously? A guy started a thread announcing a sale, and you made a post comparing his prices to Walmart? There is a reason wal mart can sell stuff cheaper and it is not all because of volume buying. I bet SGO takes better care of their employees.
Throwing a little cold water on his thread huh?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Salty Gator wrote:
Rhettley wrote:I just saw on FaceBook that the .22 LR will be $60 a brick. I checked the prices of the stuff listed after the guns and most all of it is regular Walmart or Bass Pro Shop price. I'm a bit disappointed in the local guys pushing these as big sale items.
Seriously? A guy started a thread announcing a sale, and you made a post comparing his prices to Walmart? There is a reason wal mart can sell stuff cheaper and it is not all because of volume buying. I bet SGO takes better care of their employees.
Throwing a little cold water on his thread huh?
I shouldn't have said anything but I'm not going to take it back now. I follow SGO on Facebook and I shop there. I like the store and employees. "HOT August Sale" with a big tent out front implies to me that there will be better than average price reductions. I had made a list of things I could use but didn't really have the money to spend on. I figured if it was on sale I could justify it and save some money. I got curious about the PSE bow package and googled it. I found the package deal to be pretty much the same price at a few different places. Granted I would buy it local for the service but I was a bit disappointed to find out the "sale" price was the normal price at a few other places. That got me curious so I checked a few others and then made my comments.
I thought it might be helpful for others to check these prices before jumping on them as HOT August Sale prices. If that is throwing cold water on a thread I'm guilty as charged. From what I see on things I'd personally use, the % off on fishing lures and the dozen arrows would be what would benefit me and maybe save me some money. I already have three pairs of Costas and I have no desire to spend the money for a Yeti.
TLB2

Post by TLB2 »

I put hot in the title b/c its hot outside salute1
fireant21
Site Sponsor

Post by fireant21 »

Once you go yeti, you never go back ;-)
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Throwing a little cold water on his thread huh?[/quote]
KInda my thoughts :smt004
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Well I guess it's only acceptable to talk about prices at Kevin's.
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

Why would someone complain about those deals? That ammo and those guns would bring much higher profits on gunbroker! I am sure it was hard to find those 22lr and who knows what they cost to get? Let people run there business the way they want, do not slander someone without doing your research first! If you want free write your president! I have always found great service and awesome deals at South Ga! Heath puts in countless hours trying to find products for customers, including unique guns, hard to find ammo and even fishing holes. Be grateful in these times we still have the smaller local businesses and are not monopolized by the huge chains!
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

crappielimits wrote:Why would someone complain about those deals? That ammo and those guns would bring much higher profits on gunbroker! I am sure it was hard to find those 22lr and who knows what they cost to get? Let people run there business the way they want, do not slander someone without doing your research first! If you want free write your president! I have always found great service and awesome deals at South Ga! Heath puts in countless hours trying to find products for customers, including unique guns, hard to find ammo and even fishing holes. Be grateful in these times we still have the smaller local businesses and are not monopolized by the huge chains!
Slander??? I DID do my research first. I never mentioned anything about the price of the weapons and only stated the price of the 22's. All the prices I mentioned were correct except for the arrows, which I said I made a mistake on not seeing the fine print of the quantity. I looked at 4 sites on the arrows and there was a huge variance in prices between them. Do your own research before you accuse me of slander without research. I stand by what I said. And wanting something free??? I did not vote for Obama. I expect them to run a business making a profit or they won't be around. Sale items are a draw though to get customers in the door.
I have repeatedly stated I like SGO and the employees and shop there myself but nobody seems to notice that. I am in no way telling them how to run the store. If my pointing out some of the sale prices are the same as their competitors normal retail price is slander or harms their business then sue me or ban me from the forum. Like it or not, BPS, Academy, Walmart, etc. ARE their competitors. I personally check prices before I make big purchases and if it's close I'll buy it locally, probably at SGO.
I'm done.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

A sale is a reduction of the normal price charged by the store running the sale, not every store in the world. The fact that a local store can match Walmart is pretty amazing considering what I know about Walmart and their purchasing practices. I paid $11 a box by the case for 28 gauge shells last year.

I drive from Valdosta to trade with Heath because his prices are good, his service is great and I like to support local guys who are willing to stick their necks out against the big box boys.

And Rhettly, we old farts are entitled to our opinions, even when we are wrong! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Here is some cold water for everybody. And you young whipersnappers wonder why us old folks liked the good old days!

BTW, I got about 10 bricks of this stuff..... :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

It is difficult to run a small business today. I also own a small business. Quite often, box stores can sell illegally obtained and illegally repackaged products for less than I can get them from my distributer. Where we have to stand out is superior knowledge of the product and customer service. When we are able to lower prices to try to compete w the box stores, we are lucky to get them as low as Walmart etc sells them for. To make a business owner take his time to defend his prices, on this thread, against Walmart is ridiculous. A man is trying to make an honest living and someone calls him out for not having prices consistent with what that person thinks they should be is WEAK. I'm guessing this person does not own or run a small business. Thank goodness the public is being watched out for agains the unfair tyranny of small business owners. :roll:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven