Fed. Govt. has closed Lake Seminole evidently.

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Fed. Govt. has closed Lake Seminole evidently.

Post by Rhettley »

Seminole is a Corp of Engineers lake. I just asked a friend who lives on the lake and she said if you don't have your own private ramp you won't be putting a boat in there. Even the State Park ramp is closed supposedly. Not sure why that one is closed but I guess the Corp controls all access to the lake. She said, "The State Park ramp is closed. Cummings, sealy, cypress, all of them closed! They closed it all the day of the shut down. If you don't have your own ramp you won't be getting on the water!!"
Congress and the President are pissing off regular everyday folks and rednecks now. :smt011 How about the other lakes and rivers in the area that are Corp owned waterways? Any reports of ramps being locked? I'm betting even the ramps up here on the Flint River are locked.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: Fed. Govt. has closed Lake Seminole evidently.

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I am thinking you may have some bad info about the state park ramp. First, it is NOT on Lake Seminole, but on a smaller lake off the main lake. Second, I do not think the corp has any authority over that ramp.

Now there is a park called East Bank that IS corp run, and that ramp may be closed.

I tried to call the park to verify, but they closed at 5 pm.

Anyway, there are a lot of private ramps around there and also the boat basin at Bainbridge that is open.

But like you said, the IDJIT(s) in charge up there is trying to piss off as many folks as he can!

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

The State Park is on Fish Pond Drain which is part of Seminole. There are basically 4 arms. The Hootch, Fish Pond Drain, Spring Creek, and the Flint, but they are all considered Lake Seminole for a good way up each arm. The girl I asked lives on the lake and boats there a lot of evenings and every weekend. She could have given me bad information. The lake being a Corp of Engineers lake is what I figured the problem was. If it's true I would assume Lake Eufaula and Lake West Point are the same way. I'd assume the "private" ramps at landings and campgrounds are actually leased from the Corp.
But then I have been wrong before...
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

I can say that Jack told me one time Wingates was leased from The Corps! I have not heard if the lake was closed or not! I would think not!
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

The ramps at wingates are open because it is within the leased hold of the owners of Wingates and operated by them...not the corps. The same goes for the ramps at the basin in Bainbridge as well as the city run marina on the west side of the flint.
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Barhopr wrote:The ramps at wingates are open because it is within the leased hold of the owners of Wingates and operated by them...not the corps. The same goes for the ramps at the basin in Bainbridge as well as the city run marina on the west side of the flint.
BH, if it gets really bad, how bout building me a ramp in your yard? :wink:
What was I supposed to do today?
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

Already got you covered John!
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

I figured. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?