FWC seeks suspect in 400lb fish dump

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

neckmoe

FWC seeks suspect in 400lb fish dump

Post by neckmoe »

I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: FWC seeks suspect in 400lb fish dump

Post by Salty Gator »

I hope they catch em
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

It's idiots like that.................... :x
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Someone trying to make the netters look bad! Aint no way a netter dumped that much money on the ground for no reason!! :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

wevans wrote:Someone trying to make the netters look bad! Aint no way a netter dumped that much money on the ground for no reason!! :beer:
l\your right wevans looks like a Govt Plot to me... Just to maybe make the netters look bad
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Yep, that wreaks of a setup! Sounds like a PETA move! :roll:

Dubble :thumbup: :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

wevans wrote:Someone trying to make the netters look bad! Aint no way a netter dumped that much money on the ground for no reason!! :beer:
Interesting perspective. I thought the same thing but I don't know enough about how the netters work and manage bycatch. It hard to believe there isn't a market for these fish and that they wouldn't have been dumped as they were caught if they aren't valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
fireant21
Site Sponsor

Post by fireant21 »

That road is one way in and out, as well as being straight as an arrow from the main road to the landing. Not to mention the AFB has a dock right around the corner. Must have gotten spooked and dropped them.
neckmoe

Post by neckmoe »

tallykenj wrote:
Interesting perspective. I thought the same thing but I don't know enough about how the netters work and manage bycatch. It hard to believe there isn't a market for these fish and that they wouldn't have been dumped as they were caught if they aren't valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
I'da taken em for chum :)
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I have no idea who did it or why and I just hope they get caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent.
One thing does come to mind though about the theory of it being done to make netters look bad. Let's just say it was a recreational fisherman. I don't know any recs who own a net capable of that. So someone would have to purchase a net, set it out, pull it in, unload it, then dump the fish. All the while they would be at great risk of being caught for illegal netting themselves. That just seems a bit far fetched and a whole lot of risk and trouble for someone to go to just to try to make commercial fishermen look bad. But then I could be wrong...
bman

Post by bman »

Rhettley wrote:I have no idea who did it or why and I just hope they get caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent.
One thing does come to mind though about the theory of it being done to make netters look bad. Let's just say it was a recreational fisherman. I don't know any recs who own a net capable of that. So someone would have to purchase a net, set it out, pull it in, unload it, then dump the fish. All the while they would be at great risk of being caught for illegal netting themselves. That just seems a bit far fetched and a whole lot of risk and trouble for someone to go to just to try to make commercial fishermen look bad. But then I could be wrong...
I agree with your thoughts.
I would think most "sport fishermen" would never dump fish like that.
and no one from PETA would know how to net that many fish.....
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

I doubt those fish came out of CIS, probably just dumped there. CIS would be a pretty dumb place to gill net since you have eyes on you from all different directions and the AFB cops in and out of that road constantly. Somebody was probably transporting the fish, got a call, and aborted mission finding a quick off the road spot to dump them. No matter what it is terrible and I hope they are caught.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

this may be a stupid question, but are there still pompano around this time of year around there??