NFGFC Schedule is now out!!

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

NFGFC Schedule is now out!!

Post by milto »

The schedule is now out for our 2014 season. Specific weigh in locations for each tournament are still being finalized and will be posted once they are final. We will cover all tournament specific changes at our first meeting of the year. If you have any comments or suggestions feel free reply here or you can email me at admin@nfgfc.org.
mpa_72001

Re: NFGFC Schedule is now out!!

Post by mpa_72001 »

I am not gonna be able to make the first meeting working 4-12.I was curious but are the boundaries gonna be the same where you can put out at for the st.marks tournaments?there is gonna be one crowded place at Keaton this year with two tournaments that day.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I have a similar question about the Econfina tourney. Hickory Mounds kayak launch is within 3 miles of Econfina State Park ramp, and basically adjacent to the Econfina River. If paddlers could use that one, we would satisfy the spirit of the tourney - making everybody fish the same region - without getting sunk in the wakes of bigger boats heading to & from the State Park ramp.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Gary are you just trying to get out the ramp fee lol.j/k Gary that would be a safer place for you I have put out from there quite a few times in my last few boats also when fishing alone.I wouldn't mind being able to put out from there also if agreed on with everyone I guess as long as we left as to the rules of when to go.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

i was just reading over the rules and noticed there is an extra $5 to pay now if we cant make a meeting.where did this one come from so if we are working like a lot of us are we are getting penalized for not being able to make it ? :smt012
bigphishy

Post by bigphishy »

i am not a fan of this rule either. however if you look at almost any other tournament around ( ex. red trout shootout and rock the dock) the same thing applies you get a "discounted" entry fee for early sign ups, or you could see it as having to pay more for a last minute regristration.
if anyone can not make it to the club meeting before the scheduled tournament feel free to contact myself, jimmy milton, or steve hobbs and we can arrange a meeting place to avoid any "extra fees" if you plan on fishing the upcoming tournaments. the last thing we want to do is discourage anyone from fishing any of the events.
and mpa_72001 by charging this extra 5 bucks more money will be payed out and you gotta like that because most of the tournaments you fish you end up in the money!
Skeeter-Bite
Site Sponsor

Post by Skeeter-Bite »

I spoke with Lin Gray and they are gonna have their tournament the same day,March 8th. We decided that any participants will be allowed to fish both Tournaments as long as they pay entries in both. Their rules mirror ours and NFGFC's weigh in is at 3:30pm and Special Olympic's weigh in is at 5pm both at Sea Hag/Keaton Beach Marina.More details about Special Olympics' Charity Tournament will be out soon! Hope this answers any questions!
Skeeter-Bite
Site Sponsor

Post by Skeeter-Bite »

Like all tournaments there is a deadline for entry at one rate and another rate on game day. All that needs to be done is for you to get your entry form/fee to someone else to turn in by the end of the meeting before the tournament and you are good. In some instances it may be easier and cheaper to pay the extra $5 on tournament day to play. We are trying to make everything easy and straight forward for every one involved. We would really like to see everyones' face at the monthly meeting and at the tournaments so our club can stay strong! Remember: All Tournament fees are 100% payout! All monies collected on entry,side pots,non-member fees enhance our prizes! Hope to see everyone there!