Where have all the oysters gone?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mpa_72001

Re: Where have all the oysters gone?

Post by mpa_72001 »

i am with ya gulfcoast i do believe God created this earth i hope he learns that before he dies.i know this is a fishing forum but had to say my opinion on that too before it might be to late for him.
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

" If we humans destroy the environment, so be it."

Wow. So God created the Earth and we are allowed to destroy His work instead of being stewards of the bounty? Maybe I need to drink some more of this Kool-Aid.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

This has really been a great debate about oysters... I think the train has been derailed and the train car carrying the dead horses was discovered and thoroughly beaten.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

Amen
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

I must say I enjoy some of these heated debates/conversations. It can sometimes broaden the way I think. In this case, I do believe that God can fix the environment (if he chooses) however, I also believe he will only tolerate so much foolishness and abuse from mankind and he sometimes lets us learn painful lessons.

As for the Oysters, the over harvesting is foolish. The punishment doesn't sound very harsh to me. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning for all of our laws and limits, but sense it's the law I do my best to abide by them.

I enjoy a good raw oyster, I hope they recover. :thumbup: