Roll Call for NFGFC Feb.8,2014 St.Marks Tourney

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

carolinaskiff238dlv

Re: Roll Call for NFGFC Feb.8,2014 St.Marks Tourney

Post by carolinaskiff238dlv »

I'm going to try and make it to the meeting this next Thursday to become a member and pay all our dues to get into the tournament next Saturday. If I am unable to make it, is there any way we could pay up the morning of the tournament at the Ecofina Ramp area or some where close.
MuleTrainGA

Post by MuleTrainGA »

Me and Luc will be there. Team name- Looney Poons
Trevor Moncrief
Fisheries Biology Class of 2014
Warnell School of Natural Resources, UGA
sorifish

Post by sorifish »

carolinaskiff238dlv wrote:I'm going to try and make it to the meeting this next Thursday to become a member and pay all our dues to get into the tournament next Saturday. If I am unable to make it, is there any way we could pay up the morning of the tournament at the Ecofina Ramp area or some where close.

-Tournament entry fee is $20 per (2 person) boat for club members if you register at the meeting on Feb 6th. $10 per each additional member (up to 4 anglers) All non members will pay an additional $5 on top of all regular member fees.
-You may also register at St Marks Outfitters between 6:00 am – 6:30 am tournament day. This year there is a $5 same day registration fee on top of all regular fees.[/color]
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

That rule ruined it for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
snatch-n-reel
Site Sponsor

Post by snatch-n-reel »

I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Let's say Billy Bob is a club member he wants to bring 3 buddies from work to fish the tournament. His fees will include the following

$20 (tournament fee)
$5 fee for angler #2 not being a member
$10 fee for having a 3rd angler + $5 for not being a member
$10 fee for having a 4th angler + $5 for not a member
$5 fee for not coming to the meeting Thursday

I hope he has done his calculating the night before because he will hear whining if he doesn't have correct change.

Is this correct???? A $35 cost increase over previous years.

Oh wait we haven't gotten in the side pots yet........
Let me get them Numbers!!!!!!!!
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

I won't be fishing!(NFGFC)
This was supposed to be fun
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

U have a pm chill maybe 2.
Skeeter-Bite
Site Sponsor

Post by Skeeter-Bite »

Hopefully I can answer your questions Snatch-N-Reel and explain these minor changes.
Your interpretation of the new fee schedule is 100% correct.We would like your buddies to join the club and be part of our team and that is why we give non-members a maximum of 2 tournaments a year to decide if they want to join. The $10 fees for the 3rd and 4th anglers are so each angler fishing has an equal investment into the entry. The $5 for being a non-member is their ticket to join us for the day.Tournament fees are $25 for a boat with 1 or 2 anglers but if you sign up at the meeting you get a $5 discount. Entry forms and money can be turned in by anyone so the early sign in discount will apply. REMEMBER:Most tournaments have a cutoff date for sign ups and no applications are accepted after it.
About the correct change comment,All members and anglers do have some personal responsibility such as safety and along with that bringing correct change in cash makes the Tournament Director's job easier and faster to be able to give back all 100% of entry fees as prizes!
Side pots didn't change and are not mandatory so the angler's in each boat choose whether to join them or not.REMEMBER: All side pots are paid back 100%!
I hope this helps clear up any questions but if there are any others please come to the meeting on Thursday Feb.6th 7pm at Beefs
and we will be talking about club plans and events for this year.REMEMBER: It's every individuals choice to participate or not and we are just trying to have some fun and friendly competition!
Last edited by Skeeter-Bite on February 5th, 2014, 12:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Skeeter-Bite
Site Sponsor

Post by Skeeter-Bite »

AlSO REMEMBER: Support our sponsors because they support us!
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

If you have any comments on what we should or shouldn't change for the club please feel free to email the club at admin@nfgfc.org or you can PM me. I want this club to be fun and competitive, so sometimes changes intended for the good of the club may upset a few in the process. Again, what snatch-n-reel said is the WORST CASE SCENARIO but is 100% correct. If all 4 anglers fishing that day were members then you are talking about a $20 increase over last year or $5 per angler... and if you sign up late with 4 members that's an additional $1.25 bringing that total up to $6.25 per angler (again all going toward the 100% payout). Or that worst case scenario ($35) also breaks down to an additional $8.75 per angler for that tournament.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

snatch-n-reel wrote:I hope he has done his calculating the night before because he will hear whining if he doesn't have correct change.
Not sure why you would say that. I don't ever remember whining when you had incorrect change. It will also help if most of the registrations take place on Thursday instead of in a rush on tournament day.
Chill-N-Grill wrote:I won't be fishing!(NFGFC)
This was supposed to be fun
We missed you last year and we'll miss you this year. Aside from Hobbs not putting you on fish, what wasn't fun?

Seriously, it seems like it has become annual tradition to give the tournament director a tough time. It is a thankless job from which everyone who fishes the tournaments benefits. While the big tournaments create their own excitement, these tournaments are the most fun for me. The regulars are all willing to share experiences from the day, the cost is minimal and you have a great chance of winning of $$$ or prizes. I hope to see ya'll Saturday if not Thursday.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

supposed to be working, but going to take the day off. No partner, or boat, but I may just "Droze it up!" :lol:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Given the absence of wade-friendly low tides Saturday, I'll be trading my mudboots for a yak paddle this time.

Incidentally, that $5 late entry fee is "de rigueur" (pardon my French) for road and cross-country races. As a race director, I can verify that early registrants reduce the logistical burden of putting on an event. As a sometimes race-day entrant, I feel it's worth the extra five bucks for the convenience of waiting until the last minute to decide what to do. Plus, I read where late entry NFGFC fees go right into the prize pot. Fair enough.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

It is neither a late fee or a penalty.
There is a 5 buck discount for early pay.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

I'm cool with the $5 discount. I like to save money. See you guys Thursday with my lovely wife. Looking forward to fishing!