Saturday 3/15 Rock Island Report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wishin2bfishin

Saturday 3/15 Rock Island Report

Post by wishin2bfishin »

Report from 3/15 around Rock Island. Threw everything in the box but they were mighty picky for us. We found more fish in the creeks than on the flats. Live shrimp was the most productive bait. Caught 1 trout on a badonka donk and the rest on shrimp. 5 keeper trout and 2 Spanish! Who would have guessed we would found Spanish in 60 degree water. Water temp began at 60.1 and got up to 65.0 at the end of the day. Had several short trout and a short red.
There was something in the water around the islands that made it impossible to fish. Slimy wads of something that was everywhere.
foxtrotuniform

Re: Saturday 3/15 Rock Island Report

Post by foxtrotuniform »

Same crappy luck here. Flats and creek's were dead quiet, (except for a howling south wind). We saw some nice trout and reds in usually productive holes, but they weren't interested in eating. I guess they hadn't quite snapped out of that bluebird funk.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

:thumbup: Thats what I'm taking about :thumbup: :wink:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the good report. That area is one of my favorites. Will be glad when they come back around the Candy Cane.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Thanks for the report!
Team Jolly Mon