Alligator Point Advice

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

chris.harris388

Alligator Point Advice

Post by chris.harris388 »

I have seen advice for Alligator Point Beach but I'm looking more for the bay side. I have seen some spots to pull over on the side of the road off 98 and plan on trying them tomorrow. I saw a spot with a lot of poles sticking out of the water and was wonder what that was and what kind of fish run this area this time of year?
Edwade

Re: Alligator Point Advice

Post by Edwade »

That may be the clam farm and sand ramp. If you stop there, fish off to the right (west). You can go to either of the next two openings to the water. The first opening past the sand ramp has multiple oyster bars. The next opening just past the "St. Teresa" sign is mostly mud bottom, but there is an oyster bar just off to the left that you can wade on if you've got boots. I've been catching trout near high tide wading there the last few weeks. Try a DOA shrimp below a popping cork, Cajun Thunder, or big popping top water plug, and let us know how you do.
chris.harris388

Thanks for that advice, thats exactly what I was looking for. I currently have a red/white top dog jr hooked up ready to go with a pop cork on the side rigged and ready to go if no top water action. Google Maps show some splotchy areas in the sand at those openings you named after the sand ramp and that was going to be my target area. High tide is between 5:30-6 so we should be there between 3pm until sundown.
RCS
Site Sponsor

Post by RCS »

Be careful wading anywhere in the bay and make sure to drag your feet...the rays are THICK this year.
hmaadd29

Post by hmaadd29 »

RCS wrote:Be careful wading anywhere in the bay and make sure to drag your feet...the rays are THICK this year.
real THICK
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Insane even.

~~Dave
2true

Post by 2true »

hmaadd29 wrote:
RCS wrote:Be careful wading anywhere in the bay and make sure to drag your feet...the rays are THICK this year.
real THICK
mega THICK
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Straight up whacko thick!
Team Jolly Mon
chris.harris388

Didn't see any rays but did find a massive school of reds tailing. Ended up catching jacks, trout, reds, and black drum. Pretty great day other than the horse flies.
LMFB

Post by LMFB »

Good to know about the rays. I don't step off the boat often, but when I do, it's where the rays roam.

I'm headed down Thursday for two weeks. Plan on hitting Dog Island Reef and Turkey Point....maybe Lanark area on the Dog Island side.

Haven't been down since last September.

Heard the waters are still murky due to rain, and that the yellow flies are out of control.
Should I bother bringing down some sticky balls? How are they right now?

What's been in town? Spanish, kings, trout, reds, flounder, cobia, grouper? What's been hitting best?

Are red snapper legal in state waters in June?

Also heard the tarpon have moved in?

Anyone got some good intel for me? Thanks in advance.
chris.harris388

Yes the waters are still murky and the yellow flies will make you want to drown yourself. I would suggest using 100 deet. I have been catching spanish, trout, flounder, and reds so far this year. Oh and those pesky catfish...