New Member AmericanFishingTeam

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

AmericanFishingTeam

New Member AmericanFishingTeam

Post by AmericanFishingTeam »

Just moved up to Tallahassee from south Florida to attend school at FSU. Did a lot of fishing back home but am now looking to change some things up and try some surf fishing. If anyone lives in the area and wants to take some trips out to the beach let me know I am willing to split gas and bait.

What rigs and techniques do you guys usually use on the beaches in the are and what do you normally catch? I was thinking a regular double swivel bottom rig with a #1 circle, 4 or 6 ounce bank weight and some live shrimp.

What about casting artifices from shore ? Back home I used flair hawks for snook and tarpon on the beach. What do you guys normally use?

Trying to make a trip to ballpoint tomorrow with the girl friend I'll let you guys know how it goes

Thank you everyone and I'm very happy to join this form :smt006
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Re: New Member AmericanFishingTeam

Post by DEMON »

Welcome. Any bottom rig with cut bait will catch sharks from the beaches around here. Bald Pt should have reds, trout & flounder. Live shrimp on a circle hook with a 2' mono leader under a popping cork will catch all three species. Set out one or two of these rigs and then rig another with a Cajun Thunder clacking cork with a jig head and work it while the others are soaking. At dusk and dawn try a topwater. Supspending lures (mirrodine) seem to work well just about any time. If you have the time, try east end of St George Island and fish the surf for pompano and reds. The backside of the island has trout & reds. Good luck and post your reports.