Congrats to Stinson and Taylor

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

One Keeper

Congrats to Stinson and Taylor

Post by One Keeper »

Rumor has it they won the NFGFC tourney this weekend. Congratulations guys. What was the weight? :thumbup:
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Congrats to Stinson and Taylor

Post by Steve Stinson »

We had an interesting day. Caught 14 keeper trout and 2 flounder, but never could figure out any pattern to them. Always one here, one there.

10.11 lbs for 5 slot fish.
2.25 lbs was our biggest trout, which won the prize for second largest trout. (Thanks to Tom Wheeler!).

If Bushatz hadn't come flying by us on the way to the dock, we would have been late for weigh in. His rush caused us to look at our clock at 3:15 and high - tail it to the ramp. :D

- Steve Stinson
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

congrats guys!
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
gary z

Post by gary z »

good job andrew on that 2nd place trout. pretty sure the 2 steves appreciated it. congrats guys!! and JT
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

That young Stinson is going to be a major force as he gets older. Well taught, Steve!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Thanks Gary.

I actually have a picture of me holding Andrew at a NFGFC Tournament weigh in when he was 3 days old. We were at the park in St. Marks by the Spanish Fort. I am holding a redfish in one hand and Andrew in the other. (They both weigh about 6-7 lbs).

Its been a blessing to have him fish with me all these years. He's the only one of 3 kids that took a genuine interest.

Once he gets a few years older, I will get him a big aluminum boat and a hand tiller outboard and turn him loose at the coast to wreak havoc on the fish. :thumbup:

Steve Stinson
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I'm envious, Steve.

Have taken my nephews and nieces out a few times, but they all seem more interested in social media (Iphones) and staying indoors. Fortunately, my hardcore Maclay School cross-country runners are up for anything in terms of outdoor challenge, so I hope to turn some of them into fishing addicts!
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Congrats Steve and Steve. :thumbup: :thumbup: