NFGFC - July reschedule

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

NFGFC - July reschedule

Post by milto »

Hey everyone, we have decided to push back the July tournament to the following weekend 7/12/14. The meeting will still be on the first Thursday 7/3/14. Hopefully this will free up some of us and not the other way around. With it being the 4th weekend, we just thought it would work out better for most involved. When we made the schedule at the beginning of the year our thoughts were to keep it the first Saturday following the first Thursday for less confusion.

p.s. I haven't changed it on the website yet, should get to that tonight.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: NFGFC - July reschedule

Post by Steve Stinson »

While you're at it - I'd be happy with pushing both of the out of town tournaments (Keaton and St. Joe) back a week next year. It gets to be a hassle to attend the Thurs. club meeting until 9:00 pm. after working all day, then go home and pack up to leave early Fri. morning.

Just a thought - Steve Stinson
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Moving the may will also help to where we aren't having the tourney on the same day as the Optimist tournament in Perry!
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

moving May may put you into "prime" renting season in PSJ. eg. rates on rooms increase by about 50%

my parent's place for example:
Summmer
May 3 - Aug 15, 2014

Probably need to book about 6 months in advance as well.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

SHOWBOAT wrote:moving May may put you into "prime" renting season in PSJ. eg. rates on rooms increase by about 50%

my parent's place for example:
Summmer
May 3 - Aug 15, 2014

Probably need to book about 6 months in advance as well.
good call Brian! I guess we can take all into account and make the best call for all...
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

So this year's tournament would have fallen within the higher rate time too?
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Correct, tournament day should have been the first rental at prime rates for the year. Not every lodging option has the same dates though, and we're already right at the start of prime season. Just advising you may be surprised with options if you move it back an additional week. I plan to be there either week it is scheduled.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Team Milt-son - what is the range for next tournament? Only the C-Belle River, Lanark, SGI, Apalach, etc?

Thanks