Econfina::9.19

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Redfin
Site Sponsor

Econfina::9.19

Post by Redfin »

Finally got to go out on the boat for the first tim ein 3 weeks. Put in at Econfina around 2pm. One word can describe the conditions. WINDY.
Fist 10 minutes into the trip I hung what I thought was going to be a killer trout, we ended up being a sweet mackerel. 32 inches. Biggest for me so far inshore.

Other than that the day sucked all the way up till dark. A few trout, and no reds in close. Caught the few keepers on shrimp or tipped grubs. Saw fish every where up close but they musta had lock jaw.... oh well...

Just too dang windy :evil:
Aucilla
Site Sponsor

Post by Aucilla »

Thanks for the report. It is always interesting to hear of the Econfina trips: I love goin' out those rivers over there, and it has been WAY too long! Nice mack! That is WAY large! :thumbup:
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Redfin,
Has the water cleared up at all over that way? Did you notice the water temperature?
Yours in the South
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Redfin that's a fine Spanish. :thumbup:
Semper Fi
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

water was clear in 5-8 feet but anything closer was coffee... that was the Hickory Mound area...
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

This litte period of colder weather should begin to wake them up...
Nice report. :thumbup: :thumbup:

My boat is still in the shop and I hope to get it back Friday afternoon... :-D
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

mjsigns wrote:My boat is still in the shop and I hope to get it back Friday afternoon... :-D
I feel yer pain MJ :o but I have lost hope on my boat :evil: I have a feeling that Mike's Marine and G3 "AKA Yamaha" aint gonna like me much here pretty darned soon :o :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”