fishing Lanark Reef

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ertauber

fishing Lanark Reef

Post by ertauber »

First time launched my boat at Lanarck. $10 what is that all about? Anyway tried all over the flat on rising, high tide and falling. Gave up. Wind was howling but moved thru the cut to the outside and anchored in 10-12 ft and hooked up fast on big mackerel and blues. Lots of action but 2-3 ft swells some coming over the bow. Would be really fun on a calm day. Not sure that wind ever slows down.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: fishing Lanark Reef

Post by Gulf Coast »

It's a private there hot rod...thats what its all about :smt004
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Lanark Ramp has always been pay to play.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
bman

Post by bman »

And it can be some great fishing!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

You can drive on a couple of miles to carrabelle and launch at two ramps in town for free. But, thats good only if you want to fish the gulf side of the islands or bayside of St George.
EJ
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

EddieJoe wrote: But, thats good only if you want to fish the gulf side of the islands or bayside of St George.
EJ
Not sure if I fully understand this.

I have never launched out of either before but have been wanting to fish out of Lanark pretty bad lately. Love trying new areas.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

flatsbroke22 wrote:
EddieJoe wrote: But, thats good only if you want to fish the gulf side of the islands or bayside of St George.
EJ

I have never launched out of either before but have been wanting to fish out of Lanark pretty bad lately. Love trying new areas.
IMO your more likley to hit a boater out of Lanark than a rock at Aucilla ...LOL :smt005
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

flatsbroke22 wrote:
EJ

It's a matter of picking the ramp that is closest to where you intend to fish. One can launch at Lanark and fish the entire span of Apalachicola Bay, St. George Sound, and the Islands, plus offshore, if you wish. For many years I launched at Lanark and did just that. Depends on your boat and how you plan to spend the day.

Similarly, there are two good ramps (free) in the City of Carrabelle, one on Timber Island and one on Marine Street. Puts you a little more West of Lanark, so that is why I commented that they might be best if you were intending to fish farther West. If you wanted to fish around Apalachicola, Bob Sikes Cut, or offshore to C tower, then Apalachicola has a nice ramp right under the bridge. Many choices, mostly good.

That's all.

EJ
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

I gotcha. I fish all of those areas a lot but from SGI, family has a house on the bay. I want to start making some day trips and Lanark would be my closest ramp to that area for some inshore and nearshore fishing. Does the market offer live bait?
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

There absolutely are no fish around Lanark. I wouldn't even bother.. :-D
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
reelhandy
Site Sponsor

Post by reelhandy »

flatsbroke22 wrote:I gotcha. I fish all of those areas a lot but from SGI, family has a house on the bay. I want to start making some day trips and Lanark would be my closest ramp to that area for some inshore and nearshore fishing. Does the market offer live bait?
They had lively good sized shrimps the last time I was there.
basstracker93

Post by basstracker93 »

They had good size shrimp, some squid and pin fish. I have been there the last three years on my birthday and all the people that work there are very friendly and nice. They gave me some good pointers on where the bites had been that week. Worth the ten dollars for sure. They also have different fishing equipment if you need it as well as fuel for the boat and the truck.