Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic

Post by silverking »

In Sandestin covering the ECBC again and it's going off today. We weighed a 445-blue marlin and 114-pound tuna last night, but a couple more boats are slowly fishing in after boating marlin too. Cotton Patch is coming in with a 134-inch fish, which will easily top 900 pounds and could be in grander range depending on the girth. Scales open at 4 p.m. at the Baytowne Marina in Sandestin.

Live feeds, photo gallery and my blogs on:
http://www.fishecbc.com

Here are a few of my shots from the start Thursday afternoon.
IMG_2314.jpeg
IMG_2314.jpeg (59.52 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
IMG_2315.jpeg
IMG_2315.jpeg (57.06 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
IMG_2322.jpeg
IMG_2322.jpeg (42.21 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic

Post by Gulf Coast »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
killswitch

Post by killswitch »

cool pics :thumbup:
neckmoe

Post by neckmoe »

awesome
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks. We were in the Galati Yachts start boat, a 70 Viking with Seakeeper gyro stabilizer. Made for very smooth shooting conditions despite all the boat wakes. Those shots were taken with my Canon G15 compact 35mm. Love that little camera.

Cotton Patch's fish came in at 899.6 pounds. It took 17 of the dock boys to shift it around and pull it out the transom door. They floated it up the slip and the ramp to the scales. It was a fat fish all the way to the tail and according to the mate, a very mean fight lasting 5 hours on 100-pound test line and 80W reel. The marlin ate a live 15# blackfin tuna.

We also had several impressive yellowfins (> 175 pounds) and some dolphin/dorado in the mid 40s. Twenty-nine boats won money of out 78 registered. Cotton Patch took home a check for $195K+
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I will never experience it in person but I'll bet a 70 foot Viking Convertible is pretty stable even without stabilizers. ;-)
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

You should check out the Fa La Me page on facebook... been a fan of theirs for a while and they're currently building a '92 Viking that is UNNNREALLLL!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fa-L ... 31?fref=ts
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image