Which one yamaha or mercury

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Re: Which one yamaha or mercury

Post by Tidedancer »

Tidedancer wrote:
waterman wrote:Would like to know which one would you choose and why. I fixing to buy a new boat at one dealer they have a 150 4s mercury. at the other dealer they sell the same boat with a 150 4s yamaha. the yamaha boat has a higher price tag. If price is not a big facture as long as it is a good product which one would you choose. Boat in question is 2015 carolina skiff 238 dlv. Thanks for yalls in put
This is a trick question, right? :smt005
YAMMY, YAMMY, YAMMY.

We see a lot of tow boats pulling in folks in the river at C-Quarters. Most of the time it is not a Yammy. Enough said! :-D
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Been running Mercury and just repowered with another. The guy I trust (and 5 miles from my house) is a Mercury dealer and repair shop. I would probably pick a new Yamaha though as my first choice if there were 2 authorized repair shops near me that I liked. Most trouble free motor I ever owned was a Yamaha. With that being said, having to run to Tally for repairs would make me choose a Mercury at the current time as I prefer dealing with a person over a company. Ford over Chevy.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
waterman

Post by waterman »

Thanks for the info. I was about 80% going with the yamaha already I just wanted some more info from real people. to me this is a pretty big investment wanted as much info as i could get Once again thanks.