What's it worth?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rocket
Site Sponsor

What's it worth?

Post by rocket »

I've got a 1999 90hp 2 stroke Yamaha on my Duracraft that's in excellent mechanical/appearance condition. I'm second owner, rarely get to use it and first owner sold it to me because he wasn't using it. It does have trim/tilt and is a premix motor. I've had it about 10 years. I'm thinking about trading up in hp to another 2 stroke Yamaha. What is my 90 worth?
Tincan, where you at? I bet you would know to the penny! :thumbup:
Stay Thirsty My Friends
tin can
Site Sponsor

Re: What's it worth?

Post by tin can »

I'm assuming, because it's a premix motor, it's a C90. NADA says around $2500 for that motor.

I've seen your rig. I know the motor is pristine. But I don't recall all the details of the rigging. If there is an hour meter on the boat, to show how few hours on the motor, that would increase the value. I also have to assume, because you're looking at another 2 stroke Yamaha, you're selling just the motor, without the controls. My guess is if a dealer had that motor they would be asking between $3000 and $3500.
What was I supposed to do today?
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

If Tin Can says so then it is so. Period. 8)
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

tin can wrote:I'm assuming, because it's a premix motor, it's a C90. NADA says around $2500 for that motor.

I've seen your rig. I know the motor is pristine. But I don't recall all the details of the rigging. If there is an hour meter on the boat, to show how few hours on the motor, that would increase the value. I also have to assume, because you're looking at another 2 stroke Yamaha, you're selling just the motor, without the controls. My guess is if a dealer had that motor they would be asking between $3000 and $3500.
Yes, and your numbers are spot on! Thanks TC
Stay Thirsty My Friends
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

rocket wrote:
tin can wrote:I'm assuming, because it's a premix motor, it's a C90. NADA says around $2500 for that motor.

Rocket, after thinking your situation over for several hours, If you'll pay me a mere $100 I'll come to your house, pull that motor off of your boat, and dispose of it for you. :-D
What was I supposed to do today?
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

tin can wrote:
rocket wrote:

Rocket, after thinking your situation over for several hours, If you'll pay me a mere $100 I'll come to your house, pull that motor off of your boat, and dispose of it for you. :-D
I bet you would TC, I bet you would salute1
Stay Thirsty My Friends
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

tin can wrote:
This is what is great about this forum! Friends willing to help friends! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!