What's biting?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

What's biting?

Post by DixieReb »

What is biting right now? I know some of you have been, so let's get some talk going here. ;-)
Yours in the South
countrycorners

Re: What's biting?

Post by countrycorners »

Redfish
ertauber

Post by ertauber »

Fished Friday Dickerson bay and the redfish were there. No trout but I suspect with a water temp of 85degrees they are still in cooler weather. This next week the tides are very big so this may be a good trigger. Also sharks are everywhere.
Would like to try over by bald point or alligator point but the winds have been howling. Have tried cut mullet, live and cut pinfish and shrimp but it really seems to be hit and miss. Nothing lately on gulp and other artificials. Will try holes near shore.
Did try Levy bay and that yielded nice reds in the creeks. Fun to watch them work the baitfish and then slam into one! Mullet jumping everywhere and the ones we got in the cast net were full of white stuff. Getting ready for the spawn.
Hope this info helps.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Catching lots of small trout, and reds at Keaton. Few keeper trout. Catching eight to nine throw back reds to every keeper size.
Semper Fi
Just a Guest

Post by Just a Guest »

We caught some decent trout over the weekend for supper. Let all the red fish back for another day. Surprisingly enough they were all caught on gulps under a Cajun Thunder. Top water and suspended weren't doing the trick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

Trout were popping off when I went to lighthouse and fished the jetty on Wednesday. Threw pinfish, menhaden, mullet, atlantic croaker, and pilchards out; they only hit the pilchard. We only had 1 pilchard, ergo only 1 trt.