Trailer spa

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Trailer spa

Post by Salty Gator »

I just got a new trailer for my boat and after shelling out $3.5 k I was thinking of installing one. Have any of y'all tried it? Just curious how well they work. Here is a link to one at west marine.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-mari ... --11885969
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
reelbad

Re: Trailer spa

Post by reelbad »

My belief is in order to really get the salt off the trailer, you need a way to wash it off before it has a chance to dry in the sun all day at the ramp while out fishing. Use salt away in a pump sprayer after launching in the morning. It only takes a few extra minutes.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

reelbad wrote:My belief is in order to really get the salt off the trailer, you need a way to wash it off before it has a chance to dry in the sun all day at the ramp while out fishing. Use salt away in a pump sprayer after launching in the morning. It only takes a few extra minutes.
That is a great idea, thanks
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

Just dunk it at a fresh water ramp after launching in salt.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WHAT ROCKET SAID, I HAVE A STEEL TRAILER THAT IS 45 YRS. OLD AND I HAVE ONLY REPLACED THE BEARING 3 TIMES IN THAT LENGTH OF TIME, I ALWAYS BACK DOWN IN FRESH WATER AFTER LAUNCHING IN SALT, STOP ON TOP OF A LITTLE HILL ON THE FRONT OF OUR PROPERTY, PULL THE DRAIN PLUG AND LET IS SIT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR TO DRAIN ANY WATER THAT MAY HAVE SPLASHED IN. ABOUT TWO TIMES A YEAR I FILL THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT WITH FRESH WATER AND DRIVE IT AROUND THE PROPERTY FOR A FEW MINUTES, PULL IT UP ON THE LITTLE HILL AND LET IT DRAIN FOR A DAY BEFORE STORING IN THE EQUIPMENT BARN. I HAVE 2 OTHER BOATS THAT ARE FIBERGLASS BUT I STILL PREFERE MY OLD TIN CAN WHEN FISHING THE FLATS AND FRESH WATER, MUCH EASIER TO HANDLE. THE OLD MAN CAN NOT HANDLE THOSE HEAVY BOATS ANYMORE UNLESS I HAVE A YOUNGER PERSON WITH ME.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO