Bass Pro Gift Card

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Just a Guest

Bass Pro Gift Card

Post by Just a Guest »

I got a $100 gift card to Bass Pro that I'm willing to sell for $90. I just hate that place because everything is over priced. Any takers?

I never said I was a good salesman...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FishWithChris

Re: Bass Pro Gift Card

Post by FishWithChris »

though some of their items are definitely on the higher-end of the price scale, they do have some decently priced items!

Go load up on soft-plastics or buy a spool of leader and line; maybe even pick up a nice Columbia windbreaker!

(I don't work for them, but they are a forum and NFCFC sponsor! :-D )
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Bass Pro Shops
Site Sponsor

Post by Bass Pro Shops »

I’m sorry to hear you feel that way, In case you didn’t know we do price match any of our competitors, we are in the middle of our Spring Fishing Classic and we have some great deals going on in our store through this Sunday, we will also have several vendors and pros in the store from 11-4 this Saturday and Sunday doing seminars throughout the day. I also want to mention that we will have a fishing pond set up for the kids on the Tracker Boat Pad inside. I would like to invite you and everyone else to come by and check us out if you still would not care to shop with us I will cash out your gift card and give you the $100 cash.

Thanks
Chris
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Bass Pro Shops wrote:I’m sorry to hear you feel that way, In case you didn’t know we do price match any of our competitors, we are in the middle of our Spring Fishing Classic and we have some great deals going on in our store through this Sunday, we will also have several vendors and pros in the store from 11-4 this Saturday and Sunday doing seminars throughout the day. I also want to mention that we will have a fishing pond set up for the kids on the Tracker Boat Pad inside. I would like to invite you and everyone else to come by and check us out if you still would not care to shop with us I will cash out your gift card and give you the $100 cash.

Thanks
Chris
That is a strong response. So, last year when I bought a minn Kota on board battery charger, bps had it for $199. I didn't think academy would have it, but I checked. $169. So am I supposed to bring you proof that it's $30 less and you will give me the same price? Or do I save a trip and buy it where it was already lower? What kind of proof do y'all need? Thanks for any clarification :beer:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I'll give you $80 for it and pick it up Saturday or Sunday. I need some new boat seats for the Gheenoe so I can take Dad fishing.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Bass Pro Shops wrote:I’m sorry to hear you feel that way, In case you didn’t know we do price match any of our competitors, we are in the middle of our Spring Fishing Classic and we have some great deals going on in our store through this Sunday, we will also have several vendors and pros in the store from 11-4 this Saturday and Sunday doing seminars throughout the day. I also want to mention that we will have a fishing pond set up for the kids on the Tracker Boat Pad inside. I would like to invite you and everyone else to come by and check us out if you still would not care to shop with us I will cash out your gift card and give you the $100 cash.

Thanks
Chris
Chris has always done me right! This seems like a more than fair offer.

Chris, I do have a question. On the saltwater soft sided tackle bags, why are they NOT made with none corrosive zippers? Some smaller bags are but the larger ones aren't. The mechanism that zips and un-zips corrodes. The two zipper tracks themselves are made of a none corrosive material.

Thanks for everything you do to support us fishermen.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Salty Gator, you ask good questions. My daughter takes pictures with her iphone of her shopping items and on the last store, if their price is higher, she'll show her picture and ask for the matching price instead of back tracking. I know this wouldn't cover all the bases but might get half way to first?
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

SS-342 wrote:
Chris, I do have a question. On the saltwater soft sided tackle bags, why are they NOT made with none corrosive zippers? Some smaller bags are but the larger ones aren't. The mechanism that zips and un-zips corrodes. The two zipper tracks themselves are made of a none corrosive material.
I'm not the Chris you were talking to, but I am a Chris that can assist in responding. Which soft-sided tackle bags do you speak of specifically? I have the offshore angler bag (white, 18"x10"x10") and have yet to have an issue and I'm going on my 3rd full year on it. The zippers can get a big sticky sometimes, but a quick splashdown and/or spray of wd40 and I'm good to go. Like any equipment used in the salt, an occassional splash down of fresh water is always good
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the tip, Chris! I'll look at that one. I can't answer which one I have. It is a top loader with all kind of pockets all around the out side. I call it my "Gator" bag because it is Gator colors. I love it but the zippers corrode and stick even with regular oiling. I will admit not washing with fresh water.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Bass Pro Shops
Site Sponsor

Post by Bass Pro Shops »

We can either look it up on line or if you have a screen shot of something you found on line, if you were sent an email add we will match those on any brick and mortar store.

The offshore angler is the only soft sided tackle bag we have with plastic zippers but I will pass on your issue to our design team and see if anything is in the works.
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

Im very grateful to Bass Pro for the Military discount that they give.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Bass Pro Shops wrote:We can either look it up on line or if you have a screen shot of something you found on line, if you were sent an email add we will match those on any brick and mortar store.

The offshore angler is the only soft sided tackle bag we have with plastic zippers but I will pass on your issue to our design team and see if anything is in the works.

Thanks Chris. Seems to be an easy fix to me but they must have a reason.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

My offer is still out there on the BPS card. If my offer is too low let me know and we'll discuss it. I'll be in Tallahassee Sunday to pick up some seats that are on sale and some replacement pliers for the one's resting on the bottom in 60 feet of water off Carrabelle.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

randymullaly wrote:Im very grateful to Bass Pro for the Military discount that they give.
Is the discount for active, retired, veteran, or all.
Just a Guest

Post by Just a Guest »

Chris, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to respond. I asked the other day if Bass Pro matched prices and I guess I was given the incorrect response. The fact that you took the time to respond and clarified the price match means a lot. I may have to come and give you guys a second look.

I can say my father was there the other day and was quite pleased with the customer service he received from one of your representatives. He is new to boating and fishing and appreciated all of the advice he was given. He's actually sitting on a private dock by Mashes Sands fishing with your products right now. I hope he does better than I did at St Marks today... Skunked

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk