St.Marks 4-23

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rob4auburn

St.Marks 4-23

Post by rob4auburn »

Got there about 10:30am to target fishing the high tide. LOTS of boats out today - turned out pretty. Action was pretty good the first 2 hours but only 1 keeper. Slowed down the rest of the day. Lost one nice keeper (jumped out of the boat). Probably caught 25 trout between us but only the 2 keepers. Little disappointed, but nice to be out. Back at the ramp at 4:00pm.

Fishing from 4.5 - 7.0' with grubs, live shrimp, and some plugs/spoons.

Curious how others did.

Happy Fishing
wallisam

Re: St.Marks 4-23

Post by wallisam »

started early, at one time I counted 50 boats from my location. great day, limit of trout, 1 blue, and 1 Spanish. off the water at 1:30 to beat the loading rush. :-D
timmy0257

Post by timmy0257 »

Went out of Lanark yesterday. Got on the water at 7am. Normal amount of boats for this time of year. Fished Lanark reef and caught one keeper about 19". Decided to go around Dog Island with no luck. Went back to Lanark Reef around 2:30p and eventually limited on trout. A few 20" while the rest were 15-17". Lost several nice ones boat side. Probably caught 30 shorts in between.
Flybaer

Post by Flybaer »

Fished 3-5 foot depths West of the lighthouse. Between two of us caught over 50 trout with 8 keepers mixed in. Lots of boats with limits at the marina. Not the best bite I've seen here but steady through out most of the day. Also caught a bunch of ladyfish, two bonnethead sharks and a catfish.