Venice., LA

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Xpress

Venice., LA

Post by Xpress »

I recently took a trip to Venice, LA. Everybody needs to experience the fishing there. I fished with reel-tite these guys are first class. Capt Jared and Capt Cade put us on them. The pictures will describe the fun. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Day 1

Day 2

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Venice., LA

Post by DixieReb »

Nice reds, drums, and....bass?? Must be fresh water. I've wanted to go there for years, haven't made it yet. WTG.
Yours in the South
cleanlivin

Post by cleanlivin »

Nice pics we are going over and tuna fish for 2 days then trout and redfish for 2 days at the end of june and im really looking forward to it
Xpress

Post by Xpress »

Dixie Reb-Brackish water, bass was in same place as reds, they call them green trout haha. When I set the hook guide started hollaring green trout green trout green trout I thought he was talking about a gator speckled trout haha.

Clean livin- Take a big cooler, Venice marina cleans and vacuum seals fish.
spoton
Site Sponsor

Post by spoton »

No place like it. No telling what you will catch when you get way down the river toward the jetties. It's a trip riding over the wakes of the ships and crew boats you will pass going down the main Mississippi River channel. This time of year, though, the river is high and fast and carrying lots of debris. In the 90's I ran over a floating telephone pole coming back up the river late in the day and cracked the transom on my 18' boat. We were lucky to make it back, and could have been swept back downstream or sunk if we had lost power.
Phil. 4:8

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Way-to-go X-press and Co. the generous bag limit sure screams "FISH FRY." Thanks for the post.
CAPTAIN CHARLIE
Site Sponsor

Post by CAPTAIN CHARLIE »

I'm originally from New Orleans and had never heard the word black bass till I moved here 48 years ago. I grew up catching GREEN TROUT.

We had neutral grounds too, not medians. And banquettes, not gutters.

Charlie
FLAT BROKE CHARTERS (RETIRED)
VERY AFFORDABLE FLATS FISHING
U.S.C.G. MASTERS LISC. AUX. SAIL
850 893-1050 cell 212-0660
2true

Post by 2true »

CAPTAIN CHARLIE wrote:I'm originally from New Orleans and had never heard the word black bass till I moved here 48 years ago. I grew up catching GREEN TROUT.

We had neutral grounds too, not medians. And banquettes, not gutters.

Charlie

Charlie, tell em about when you were a boy.... the story of the Mullet and the houses over lake Pontchartrain....