Sunken boat?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Sunken boat?

Post by Salty Gator »

A friend told me yesterday, that he heard a boat sunk near the k tower during the rock the dock tourney. Does anyone know if this is true. I know about Dans boat loosing power, but this boat apparently sank. Anyone heard anything?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Sunken boat?

Post by silverking »

No word from FWC or the normal release wires on any sinking. Doesn't mean it didn't happen but nothing official.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

It did happen, the anglers didn't have a working bilge pump, had taken on some water, tried to pull the plug to release water, and it just continued to go under. Luckily they were close enough that they could swim over to another boat and all returned safely. The boat ended up being brought back up and recovered. Heard the Captain's new nickname is "Bob".
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Scoop Sea wrote:It did happen, the anglers didn't have a working bilge pump, had taken on some water, tried to pull the plug to release water, and it just continued to go under. Luckily they were close enough that they could swim over to another boat and all returned safely. The boat ended up being brought back up and recovered. Heard the Captain's new nickname is "Bob".
Thanks scoop, scary. Glad everyone was ok
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Good to hear it was a happy ending. At least until the insurance settlement.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
roadtrip
Site Sponsor

Post by roadtrip »

I talked to the Captain of the boat that went down. He said once he figured out he was in trouble, a minute and half later his boat was under water and gone and everything on it. :o
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

How big of a boat was it?
roadtrip
Site Sponsor

Post by roadtrip »

He didn't say how big the boat was. He was talking a hundred miles an hour, which is understandable after something like that happens.
Mister Mullet

Post by Mister Mullet »

Wow! Lucky someone was nearby. I kept an extra hand pump under the console, but by the time he realized he was in trouble and sank, there wouldn't be time enough to get it out.