Carrabelle Trip

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wavebuster

Carrabelle Trip

Post by wavebuster »

A few weeks ago I made the run down to Carrabelle from Ga. I had been waiting patiently for three weeks on the weather to try the grouper. Launched my almost new boat in the river and prepared for what I hoped to be a successful day on the water. Put the key into the ignition and turned the key...nothing! Worked on the motor for awhile but nothing helped. Turns out the starter was shorted by a leaking water tube. I know it is hard to believe anything good resulted from this trip except for one thing. I could not believe how every boater launching stopped to help or offer assistance. Most of the fisherman were more concerned about me than going fishing. It was an incredible experience that I will not soon forget. In this fast pace world we live in :D it really warms the heart to see people still taking the time to help others. Hopefully I can finally get back down there soon and get after the grouper.
FishWithChris

Re: Carrabelle Trip

Post by FishWithChris »

This may be called the "Forgotten Coast," but you'll never forget your experiences here.

Did you end up making it out that day? And who repaired it?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
wavebuster

Post by wavebuster »

No, I didn't make it out that day. Had to drive back to Ga. without fishing. Tracker Marine repaired the motor under warranty. Hope to get back to the coast this weekend, if weather will cooperate.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Sorry you didn't make it out, but like they say, better safe than sorry. :-? Glad you got it fixed, hope you get out and catch something.
Yours in the South