Emerald Coast Professional Redfish Series Panama City 06/25

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Chalk

Emerald Coast Professional Redfish Series Panama City 06/25

Post by Chalk »

Got the opportunity to fish the Emerald Coast Professional Redfish Series tournament this weekend. My fishing partner was Ricky McNaron. There were 32 boats in the tournament. Teams from Florida and Georgia were in the event. We were boat 17 and fished locally vice making any long run to the east or west.

Had fish in three to four areas – started out fishing in the main area we thought would be the best spot. The feeding chart had the best time at first light. Generally speaking I have always gone by the feeding charts and it has generally been pretty predictable and accurate – today proved that you should let the fish do the talking, not a chart.

First spot produced a few fish on topwater and suspending baits – got one good fish to the boat, it was 27.5” and did us no good. Ended up with one fish in the livewell. Moved around to second spot and it is getting hotter than two longhaired rats making out in a wool sock. Pick up another keeper and catch a few dinks and another fish just over the line. Keep moving between spots – fish were getting better as the morning progressed and biting well vice what the feed chart said.

By around 1300 – we probably had around 8 lbs – knew that anything over 10 would probably be in contention this time of year. Hit the best spot again – get slammed at the boat, look down and redfish everywhere – tell Ricky to throw in, we double up…get fish in the boat and we get an upgrade (have culling permit).

Look back at the livewell and one of the fish is rolling up…add rejuvenate and change out the water…fish keeps wanting to roll over. We have an hour before weigh in. We idle out to the middle of the bay and the water temp is 8 degrees cooler…change out water again. Decide to ease back towards the weigh in…. constantly turning the one fish back up. Get checked in about 2:40 – weigh-in not until 3 and they will only allow 8 teams at a time to come up. Finally get through weigh in and all is good – 10.8 pounds.

Sure wish we could have fished some more because the fish were actually eating well when we left. So, don’t always let the chart tell you what is going to happen – let the fish tell you.

Finished 7th our of 32 teams – not bad – we were in the right area – just couldn’t get one that would fit under the 27” line.

Caught fish on topwater, suspending and flat metal with a hook.
IMG_4302.jpg
IMG_4301.JPG
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Re: Emerald Coast Professional Redfish Series Panama City 06

Post by tallykenj »

Wow. Cool trip.
The Back Porch
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

I sponsor Brad Henry from Dawson, GA. they took 4th I believe! Congrats on your finish!
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

dombern34 wrote:I sponsor Brad Henry from Dawson, GA. they took 4th I believe! Congrats on your finish!

Yes he did - meet him Saturday as we were loading up and we spoke on the phone yesterday talking props and boat setup - good guy!