St. Joe Bay Charter 7/4/2106

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

St. Joe Bay Charter 7/4/2106

Post by trout fisher »

I booked a charter with Capt. Dan of Perfect Cast Charters a while back for the 4th since we'd be there for vacation. I took my 2 oldest daughters along. Was hoping to bag enough trout and maybe a nice red or two to enjoy a fresh caught supper. The weather would not cooperate. There was a stiff wind, not sure of direction, but it was stiff! All morning! Capt. Dan couldn't get us to his honey holes safely and I appreciate him not risking it with my gals aboard. So we did find a few places we could fish out of the wind and waves and wound up having a blast with the sharks and a school of bull reds. The girls were worn out by the end of the trip from all the shark action. We fished around a shrimp boat that was taking shelter from the pounding. This is not an advertisement but rather a positive post about a very positive experience. I will book again with Perfect Cast. He's a cool guy and was very attentive to my kids. He strived to make it as fun and safe for them as was possible. Including a few pics.

The Capt. and his crew.
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: St. Joe Bay Charter 7/4/2106

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

LOOKS LIKE YA DID GOOD, NICE DAUGHTERS, I HAVE TWO DAUGHTERS THAT LOVE TO FISH, I TOOK THEM FISHING WHEN THEY WERE JUST TODDLERS AND THEY HAVE BEEN FISHING EVER SINCE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Looks like fun! :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
bman

Post by bman »

Nice hat!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

I've spoken with Dan a couple times. Very nice guy with a good understanding of the Bay. How did you like the ShallowSport? Not many of those in this part of FL.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

bman wrote:Nice hat!
Yeah they keep stealing them from me. :-?
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

SHOWBOAT wrote:I've spoken with Dan a couple times. Very nice guy with a good understanding of the Bay. How did you like the ShallowSport? Not many of those in this part of FL.
I kept telling him how great that thing handled the rough water. I was buckling my knees getting ready for a jar when we'd hit those big waves but it just plowed right through them with no problem. Pretty dry too.
RedMann
Site Sponsor

Post by RedMann »

Thanks for the report and glad you had a good trip. I usually fish with Clint Moore in the bay (wade fishing with live bait) but it's good to know about other options and Captain Dan sounds like a good option. If you're fishing where I think you were when that pic of the red was taken, I believe Showboat will agree that's a good area to snag a big redfish. :)
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

There are smiles in every pic... always good to fish with the family :thumbup:
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Sorry to hear the wind kept you from your original mission, but talk about making lemonade when life hands you lemons... GREAT report! :D :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Thanks y'all :thumbup:
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Hey, you look very familar!

Like someone I went to school with..... :smt017

Maybe Pineland.... :smt017

Or might be CCHS.... :smt017

Oh..............I remember, I think we may have roomed together at ABAC :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I think I met him in Carrabelle this past weekend. Same boat and that looks like him. I wanted to look it over as he was launching. First I had seen in person.

Sounds like y'all had a blast and he took good care of the girls to make it fun. Not much more you can ask of a guide.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

flatsbroke22 wrote:Hey, you look very familar!

Like someone I went to school with..... :smt017

Maybe Pineland.... :smt017

Or might be CCHS.... :smt017

Oh..............I remember, I think we may have roomed together at ABAC :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Or all the above. How ya been BD?
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

onefishtwofish wrote:I think I met him in Carrabelle this past weekend. Same boat and that looks like him. I wanted to look it over as he was launching. First I had seen in person.

Sounds like y'all had a blast and he took good care of the girls to make it fun. Not much more you can ask of a guide.
Might have been him wish. He went the extra mile for sure. It was a hot,sloppy day.