Positive Rant on Coastal Trailer.

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rockyg

Positive Rant on Coastal Trailer.

Post by rockyg »

The fine folks at Coastal Trailer http://coastaltrailerandhitch.com/ saved my bacon yesterday. When I went to load up the Bay Boat on Sunday afternoon I noticed the long tube that the coupler mounts on was sitting at a funny angle. Upon closer inspection it was not funny at all. :smt011 Years of saltwater baths had caused the end that mounts to the trailer cross member to corrode out from underneath. I loaded up the boat and limped the 300 yards to the RV. My son arrived Monday AM to help with the the project. When I say "help" I mean brought all the tools and did most of the work. :thumbup: After prodigious use of impact tools and hammers and with the offending part in hand we hauled azz to Coastal Trailer in Panacea. Rex met us in the parking lot and said "yeah....we got this". He cut us a new piece of heavy duty galvanized channel and then used his tools to mount up a new 2" coupler, and drill all the mounting holes we needed to reinstall our existing hardware. Within 45 minutes we were back on the road after paying a VERY fair price for first class work. The new piece slid into place perfectly and soon the old trailer was upgraded to better than new status.

Thanks again to Rex and all the guys at Coastal Trailer. :smt006

http://coastaltrailerandhitch.com/
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Re: Positive Rant on Coastal Trailer.

Post by onefishtwofish »

Very nice. Thanks for the report. I love it when we tell each other of great service.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Nice! Always love positive reviews....

And to note... "positive rants" are called "Rave Reviews" lol
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

galantnole wrote:Nice! Always love positive reviews....

And to note... "positive rants" are called "Rave Reviews" lol

Sorry....couldn't help myself. :lol:

When I told Rex he should get a tip for such great service he said..."Don't worry......it's in there" as he handed me the bill and smiled. :wink:
― John Dutton
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Knowledgeable, friendly guys (and Molly) who do top-notch work at fair prices. Glad they got you back on the road quickly.

Been using Coastal Trailer for many years for service and bought two Rolls trailers from them. I've also quoted their expertise on a couple occasions for articles.

By the way, the shop is close to Panacea but actually located in Medart on Hwy 98 across from the Wakulla County School, just past the Sopchoppy turn-off. I know the OP was so excited to get his repair done that his geography got a little fuzzy. :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

silverking wrote:By the way, the shop is close to Panacea but actually located in Medart on Hwy 98 across from the Wakulla County School, just past the Sopchoppy turn-off. I know the OP was so excited to get his repair done that his geography got a little fuzzy. :wink:
Panacea.....Medart.....same same to me. lol
― John Dutton
spoton
Site Sponsor

Post by spoton »

I agree this is the place to go for your boat trailer work. I had them do a lot of work on my trailer a couple of years ago and while I may have been able to get it done cheaper somewhere else, I am a firm believer that it is worthy paying a little more for quality work.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

They did some good work for me also in the past. The last time I took it in, it would require too much work, so I had to buy a new trailer. But great guys that I will continue to do business with
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
reelsorry2
Site Sponsor

Post by reelsorry2 »

Rebuilt my trailer few months back, parts where no problem. Just a few minutes DAN had the parts in my truck. Big thanks to coastal trailer.