21" Maverick M/A

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

21" Maverick M/A

Post by Gulf Coast »

Anyone on here have a 21' Maverick M/A I could take a look at ?
One Keeper

Re: 21" Maverick M/A

Post by One Keeper »

Can't hide money! :o
UFBeef

Post by UFBeef »

I have its little brother, 17 MA. My fil has a 21 MA ibut it's in Palm Bay. If you need any information let me know, I have fairly extensive time in the 21 and more than extensive time in the 17. I can tell you, you wont find a better riding flats boat out there, tons of storage, can hold a pile of bait, very stable and fast. Great boat, you won't be dissapointed.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Thanks, yeah I owned a 17 and moved up to a bay boat for family but I think I want to go back to something like a 21 M/A. It should still give me the room I want but still feel skiff like. Yeah Chuck , I have to sell one BEFORE I get something else, LOL ! Really, I need to free up some $$ to get teenagers a truck !! Thanks again, if I can't answer my own questions I'll PM you.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

I found a whale of a deal on one down around 10,000 Islands, but could not make it down before he left the country. He sold it before I could look at it. I ended up with a Ranger Cayman that I like very much, but that was one sweet boat and a very fair price. He told me what he sold it for and what shape it was in, after the sale so no reason to lie. It would be the first boat I would look at if I was gonna change.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
HewesMan

Post by HewesMan »

If you have question on them, look over at the MBG Forum. They know almost everything about these boats. From what I understand, they are one of the best riding and fishing platforms Maverick ever build. They did have some issues that may need to be fixed but other than that a very large, dry, well riding boat. Kind of like that white unicorn of boats.
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

HewesMan wrote:If you have question on them, look over at the MBG Forum. They know almost everything about these boats. From what I understand, they are one of the best riding and fishing platforms Maverick ever build. They did have some issues that may need to be fixed but other than that a very large, dry, well riding boat. Kind of like that white unicorn of boats.
Been on that forum for about several years, if your looking for a Maverick, that's the place to start.
Snapperlr

Post by Snapperlr »

I don't have the 21 Maverick MA, but I do have the Redfisher 21 and you are welcome to take a look at it. I also moved up from a smaller boat and considered a bay boat at that time as I like to fish offshore as well. The 21MA can do both.
UFBeef

Post by UFBeef »

I've been a member of mbg forum.for years also, not much you can't find out about any of their boats on there. Im from the Stuart area and the MA line is perfect for just about everything up there, I've caught everything from snook to sails in my 17. If I was there still, I'd be looking for a 21. We live bait fish alot and even in my 17, you can slam the live wells full all day and bait stays alive, 21 is only bigger, faster, dryer with more storage. Great boat. If I didn't have two little ones it would be my next boat, but pretty hard to contain them in a cockpit.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

From my Maverick buddy:

Maverick hasn't made a Master Angler since 2006, though they are great boats. After that year, the 22' Pathfinder tournament edition was revamped by MBG, and it frankly can't be replicated for smooth ride, shallow draft, live bait capacity and storage; it's the best combo bay/skiff boat there is. After 2006, Maverick downsized the other models max length into an 18' hpx and Hewes redfisher (actual length 18'10" of both). The redfisher is closer in style to the old MA, but if I had the money I'd get the maverick hpx-v because it's shallower and faster without sacrificing storage.
UFBeef

Post by UFBeef »

One Keeper wrote:From my Maverick buddy:

Maverick hasn't made a Master Angler since 2006, though they are great boats. After that year, the 22' Pathfinder tournament edition was revamped by MBG, and it frankly can't be replicated for smooth ride, shallow draft, live bait capacity and storage; it's the best combo bay/skiff boat there is. After 2006, Maverick downsized the other models max length into an 18' hpx and Hewes redfisher (actual length 18'10" of both). The redfisher is closer in style to the old MA, but if I had the money I'd get the maverick hpx-v because it's shallower and faster without sacrificing storage.
None of those flats boats will ride as good as the MA family, the 22 Path maybe. The hpx series will run and float shallower and easier to pole, but it will not be as dry or handle a chop like the MA. The redfisher will run with the MA, maybe a little faster, excluding the 21 MA, it's fast, but again will.not handle a chop like the MA nor does it have the livewell space or storage. The 21 MA is wide, very stable platform and a totally different beast then the 17 or even 18MA.