Checking In For A Report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scout-Fisher

Checking In For A Report

Post by Scout-Fisher »

I recently moved from Tallahassee back to a state that wins championships (Alabama) and haven't fished inshore since July. However, I am planning on loading up and hauling the ole scout down to do some fall fishing the last full week of October with my dad. When I lived there I typically fished Piney Island over to Shell Pt out to the shoals and over to the Dog Island Reef. Does anybody have any reports of what is biting in and around the Panacea area?
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Checking In For A Report

Post by DixieReb »

There have been several reports on this site from the past weekend, some were real good. Go to the forums page and look up inshore fishing reports. Good luck and enjoy being with your Dad.
Yours in the South
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Scout-Fisher wrote:I recently moved from Tallahassee back to a state that wins championships (Alabama) and haven't fished inshore since July. However, I am planning on loading up and hauling the ole scout down to do some fall fishing the last full week of October with my dad. When I lived there I typically fished Piney Island over to Shell Pt out to the shoals and over to the Dog Island Reef. Does anybody have any reports of what is biting in and around the Panacea area?
I can't imagine why you haven't gotten reports galore with the way your post started. LOL. Should say something like FSU is the best team ever blah blah blah... Good luck getting reports and GO CANES!!
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

I hear the catfish are biting good in the Alabama ponds. Just kidding. Some Saturdays I'd like to pick my team too! With the cooler weather something will find your hook.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
wallisam

Post by wallisam »

I'm going to try St. marks early. maybe east river and a few oyster bars. I'll let you know how I do.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

I was thinking the same thing jimmy saying your a bama fan with get ya some reports alright lol.
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

the trout are biting at Orange beach Al.
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I hear you need to pack up your stuff and that Texas is the place you need to be. Texas Trout ... yes Texas T is what you need to move for! :smt005

BTW, we are all glad that you have now been reunited with your mother who is also your cousin once removed. :o
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Scout-Fisher

Post by Scout-Fisher »

Didn't mean to ruffle anybodys feathers with the AL comment, but when you are born in AL you don't have much of a choice. I do have some FSU ties, my father is an alum and mother is a Bowden. The trout bite around Orange Beach has been scarce, the last report i got was that the bite has been better at night under the dock lights of perdio bay any tide was producing fish just so long as there was moving water. However, I hear the redfish are stacked up on the Dixey Bar. After our trip to FL we are headed over to fish the Dixey Bar. If you have never fished the Dixey Bar you should give it a try.
bman

Post by bman »

First - GO NOLES!

Second- posting a report after this post.
We killed the trout this last weekend. 100 fish days!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Scout-Fisher wrote:Didn't mean to ruffle anybodys feathers with the AL comment, but when you are born in AL you don't have much of a choice. I do have some FSU ties, my father is an alum and mother is a Bowden. The trout bite around Orange Beach has been scarce, the last report i got was that the bite has been better at night under the dock lights of perdio bay any tide was producing fish just so long as there was moving water. However, I hear the redfish are stacked up on the Dixey Bar. After our trip to FL we are headed over to fish the Dixey Bar. If you have never fished the Dixey Bar you should give it a try.
Most people I know from Alabama create a mathematically anomaly when they travel out of state. For instance, when one of my Alabama buds leave Georgia and enter Alabama, he raises the IQ of both states. You are now a suspect to be a person like my friend. :smt005

As for admitting an FSU connection, that makes you about the only one around here fessing up. :o :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!